⏳ Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The best WYSIWYG web builder for most people is Wix.
Introduction to WYSIWYG Web Builders:
Welcome to our guide to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Site building has become a necessary task for many individuals, companies, and retailers in the 21st century. But not everyone has the technical background in coding and web design – let alone the time – to build a site right from scratch. Indeed, many of us would prefer to work with software packages or online creation platforms that enable us to get started and have a working site up in minutes.
Today’s WYSIWYG web builder review covers site creation platforms that can be used right out of the box. In doing so, we hope to be able to narrow down the selections to the best web creation solutions to suit your needs.
Our List of the Top WYSIWYG Web Builders:
We present our lineup of the top WYSIWYG site builders includes several gold-standard options and WYSIWYG free web builders for truly easy site creation, along with two of the best user-friendly ecommerce platforms currently available.
The honours list in this WYSIWYG web builder review is as follows:
Quick Comparison Table Of The Best WYSIWYG Web Builders
|Rank||Platform||Key Features||Pricing||My View||Try for Free|
||Starting at $14/month||Best all-rounder with extensive features and templates.||Try For Free|
||Starting at $6/month||Great for small businesses and beginners with affordable pricing.||Try For Free|
||Starting at $12/month||Best for creatives and those who want stunning designs.||Try For Free|
||Starting at $4/month||Best for bloggers and content-rich sites.||Try For Free|
||Starting at $29/month||Best for e-commerce and online stores.||Try For Free|
What are WYSIWYG Website Builders?
To kick off this WYSIWYG web builder review, WYSIWYG means “what you see is what you get.”
The meaning of the acronym itself pretty much describes the sort of builder you end up with: what you see is what you get.
WYSIWYG website builders are creation platforms that you can use right out of the box and, in terms of technical specifications, lay everything out for your perusal. All the features are there; you don’t need special codes or access privileges to unlock anything. There are several WYSIWYG web builder downloadable software and WYSIWYG free web builders you can use, too.
How We Chose the Leading WYSIWYG Web Builders:
Our review is based on the following criteria:
- Ease of use – is there a learning curve associated with using this web builder?
- Features and functionality – what sort of features and functionalities can you expect from the builder?
- SEO and Mobility – can this WYSIWYG builder help you rank well on Google and other search engines?
- Support and Resources – will you get competent support from the builder?
- Value for money.
Our Best WYSIWYG Website Builders in Detail:
In this WYSIWYG web builder review, let's get up close and personal with each candidate.
1. Wix – My Top Pick Of WYSIWYG Website Builders!!!
Founded in and still operating from Tel Aviv, Israel, Wix is the site builder of choice for over four million users across the globe and has been since 2006. Having grown by leaps and bounds over the course of nearly two decades, it offers a two-pronged approach to site building. Users can simply answer a few questions and generate an AI-built website or use the drag-and-drop approach using the template-based builder.
- WIX Artificial Design Intelligence (WIX ADI) site builder;
- Conventional drag-and-drop builder;
- SEO tool suite; and
- Ecommerce tool suite
- One of the easiest site builders to learn and use;
- Has a WYSIWYG free web builder version;
- Offers possibly the most extensive selection of functional add-ons;
- Offers maximum creative flexibility;
- Excellent technical assistance
- No reversion function – if you create a page using a Wix WYSIWYG web builder templates, you can’t easily swap it out and need to start again from scratch;
- The more scalable features involve premium third-party applications that need to be paid for;
- One can easily get lost with all the available features in the UI
The platform has a WYSIWYG free web builder, but with annoying ads included. Monthly rates range from $4.50
First up on our list of the best WYSIWYG editors – Squarespace.
Web design ware? Squarespace has it. Blogging interface you can use from the get-go? Squarespace has that, too. In fact, this website builder offers something for everybody, regardless if you’re just creating a site as a personal online portfolio or a full-blown ecommerce facility.
We have to say in this WYSIWYG web builder review: it's not the most tractable of site builders. However, it is one of the more popular choices as it allows users to offer scheduled services and digital downloads on top of physical products. Likewise, it is one of the few ecommerce-friendly site builders that offers a wide range of functions specific to the creative industry, service industry, and the performing arts. With today’s economy veering more towards becoming gig-based, this can be seen as an advantage working in Squarespace’s favour.
- Drag and drop site builder with built-in ecommerce capabilities;
- Over 100 industry-specific design templates;
- Built-in site customisation modules;
- Cloud-based hosting;
- Mobile application for editing or site management on the fly; and
- SEO toolkit
- This WYSIWYG web builder is truly optimised for ecommerce site creation and management;
- Industry-specific templates allow creators to have a professional look for their sites;
- Top notch when it comes to technical support
- Despite being one of the best WYSIWYG editors, it can be difficult to manipulate, especially for those new to the platform;
- Scores low when it comes to customisation
Not a WYSIWYG free web builder. Subscription cost runs between $12 and $40 a month, with ecommerce plans pegged at $26 monthly at the most basic
Weebly has been around for nearly 20 years and, along with arch-competitor Wix, is considered one of the leading WYSIWYG free web builders currently available.
Thanks to its acquisition by ecommerce solutions developer Square Inc, it has also built up quite a reputation as one of the easiest online store builders to use, as well as one with myriad features that entrepreneurs and business owners can use to maximise their potential in the virtual marketplace.
As of the time we conducted this WYSIWYG web builder review, this site builder boasts of having been used to create (and even host) over 50 million websites worldwide.
- Intuitive drag and drop;
- SEO toolkit;
- Ecommerce toolkit;
- In-platform applications marketplace for third-party integrations;
- SSL certificate; and
- Cloud-based hosting
- Drag and drop interface allows for easy – and quick – site creation;
- One of the most affordable in terms of pricing;
- Already includes ample site security features in its packages
- Limited choices when it comes to aesthetic elements despite being one of the best WYSIWYG editors;
- Offers SEO tools, but the functionality is limited;
- Updates are sporadic at best
This is a great WYSIWYG free web builder. From $5 monthly for a Weebly subscription, but a caveat: full functionality is only available for the top two pricing tiers.
A 30-day money back guarantee is applicable to all paid subscriptions. Therefore, users who aren't happy with the service can receive a full refund if they cancel their account within 30 days of activation or within 30 days of the service contract renewal.
Used by both startups and established businesses to get a strong foothold in the digital marketplace, Shopify continues to be the WYSIWYG builder / best WYSIWYG editors of choice in the ecommerce sector.
At present, it enjoys widespread use in over 175 countries thanks to a stable creation platform bolstered by an extensive range of tools that include SEO management solutions, ecommerce-specific applications, and analytics.
The platform's long-standing advantage has always been its intuitive site builder, as you can use it almost as soon as you've signed up for and logged into your account. Its UI puts all the tools out where users can readily see them.
Its intuitive nature also means that the system will learn how users work and recognise their most frequently used tools, enabling them to build and manage their sites more efficiently and effectively.
- Intuitive drag and drop site builder;
- Online store management suite, including multiple staff account creation and point-of-sale functionality;
- On- and offline marketing tools; and
- Shipping and logistics features for both domestic and international transactions
- User-friendly working interface;
- Exceptional analytics processing and management;
- Can interface with numerous third-party apps for optimised functionality
- Not all features are available, depending on which country you’re in;
- Using add-on apps or plugins can add considerably to your costs;
- Lacks functionality in terms of content management
Shopify will set you back between $29.00 to $299.00 monthly
Now we go to WordPress.com in this WYSIWYG web builder review.
Admittedly, WordPress is the first thing that comes to mind when people are looking for a WYSIWYG free web builder they can use right off the bat.
Indeed, it has long been the gold standard when it comes to the easiest manner by which anyone can create a website. Throw in the fact that it also offers managed hosting (in the case of WordPress.com) as well as linking users with established/preferred hosting partners like Bluehost, it takes much of the stress out of both site creation and site management.
- CMS site creator for this best WYSIWYG editors;
- Integrated news and blogging function;
- Post scheduling feature;
- Responsive web design;
- Extensive selection of functional plugins; and
- Numerous aesthetic / design options
- Users are assured of secure hosting for their sites with this WYSIWYG web builder compared to more conventional builders or hosting providers;
- Sites created with the platform are already SEO- and mobile-ready;
- Offers above-average functionality when it comes to social media integration and marketing
- While this is a WYSIWYG free web builder, customising your site may prove costly as many themes, templates, and plugins need to be paid for;
- The CMS engine used for site creation has long been known to be vulnerable when it comes to hackers and denial of service attacks;
- Too many updates tend to distract users from their work
- Free to use version available for this WYSIWYG web builder. But take note that the functionality and features included are considerably less than what you would get with a paid subscription;
- Monthly rates range between $4 to $45
A 14-day money-back guarantee applies to all paid subscriptions as per their Terms of Service.
Conclusion and Recommendations for a Best WYSIWYG Web Builder:
Now, let's wrap up this WYSIWYG web builder review;
As we stated earlier in the introduction, not all the best WYSIWYG editors are made equal, but the very best ones are those that allow for maximum ease of use, allowing users to build and deploy their sites in minutes.
While there are ecommerce-ready leading options like WIX, we recommend that those in the market for the best WYSIWYG editors/builders also read up, test them for a trial period, and find a builder that really suits the way they work.
I have an online business; which of these WYSIWYG online web builders should I consider?
Three of our best WYSIWYG editors featured are actually great for those getting into ecommerce. Between them, both Squarespace and Shopify offer a highly engaging creation and management experience. However, for those who are complete novices to ecommerce, the ecommerce edition of the Weebly site builder will help give you a feel for the different processes involved in creating and managing an online store.
I have absolutely no experience when it comes to coding; which one of these builders would work best for me?
For absolute beginners, it’s best to cut your teeth on Weebly. The very basic CMS builder essentially works like a word processing module, enabling you to create pages in a flash. Once you feel more comfortable, expand your horizons into some of the best WYSIWYG WordPress editors.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this topnotch WYSIWYG web builder review, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what is the best WYSIWYG editors option for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Please share any comments below!