Table of Contents
Wix: Best for overall features
- Ease of use: The innovative Wix drag ‘n drop web builder is so easy to use. No advanced technical skills required to build a website. No software download (it runs on your web browser) and is web hosted.
- Stunning array of templates: Fantastic array of visually impressive templates covering all business sectors.
- Animations added: Wix is one of the few builders that allow you to animate text and other elements of your web presence.
- Apps: As well as the wide choice of apps offered exclusively from Wix there are literally hundreds of 3rd Party apps that can easily be integrated.
- Automatic Backup: Wix automatically creates backup points that can be restored at any time.
- Rigid template choice: Take your time in choosing the exact template for your needs. This is because once your initial template is chosen you cannot switch to a completely new one. Having said that, you can certainly change the design within your template of choice.
- Larger ads on free service: All free web builder platforms include provider ads, but the Wix ads are larger, more prominent than others.
Introduction: What is Wix? Why does Wix excite so many?
Welcome to our Wix website review. As befits the world’s most popular of site builders you will find a host of Wix review articles out there. The problem with many wix review articles that you find online is that they either go into too much detail, or wander off the path by offering complex comparisons with different platforms.
We intend to tell it how it is and give you the many positives to be found during this Wix website builder review, and emphasise just why this drag and drop platform meets the needs of many.
Before we review wix website creator, here are some fun Wix Facts to watch:
Overview: Our Wix website review could be the solution to your online presence.
Let’s kick-off our Wix review with a snapshot of the company itself. This should give you comfort during our Wix website review as to just how incredibly popular their offering is:
When you look at straightforward statistics to be found on many Wix website review sites the numbers are truly astonishing.
Here are 5 of ours using the latest (August 2018) statistics dating back to the company’s launch in 2006. Since then they have built a business responsible for:
- Creating more than 131 million websites in 190 countries
- Currently host in excess of 90 million domains
- 500+ professionally designed templates
- Code free, Drag and Drop website builder
- 3.7 million Paying subscribers (and rising!)
Why Wix should make you sit up and look?
The statistic which interests us the most, and should push the right buttons with you is an important one. 8 out of 10 people who use one of the Wix paid-for subscription plans actively extend their subscription and remain with the company for longer than one year.
We find this so important because as a business looking to expand you must demand the best from your chosen web building provider.
Because surely you are looking to provide your current and future customer base with the best in terms of products and/or services. Your reward in doing so will be customer loyalty and it is this loyalty that will be the foundation of your growing success.
Ease of use:
Next up we will review Wix website creator and just why it is so easy to use:
The first thing to understand is that whatever your skill level the power of the Wix template editor gives you complete creative control.
This is key for complete novices as well as those with some advanced knowledge of website building. Content Management Systems (CMS) are the key to flexible, fast and noticeable changes to your web presence.
Any Wix website builder review you read should major on the fact that this is exactly what you will get. This section of our Wix CMS review should certainly back this up.
Whatever your niche you will find a template suitable for your needs and it must be made crystal clear that those embarking on a website build for the first time will achieve the foundation they are searching for literally within minutes.
This is because the process is simple enough to achieve, yet sophisticated enough to grow with your ambitions and needs.
It intuitively guides you and with each drag, drop and placement you will become more aware of what this powerful platform offers. The extent to which you can grow your site is quite astonishing.
The reality is that unless your intention is Amazon-depth product choice and sales figures to go with it, you will find that in Wix website builder review you have all you need to place and manage content exactly as you desire.
Features and Flexibility:
In this section of our Wix review we will delve into its features and flexibility. When plumping for Wix as your web builder of choice there are already more features than you can shake a stick at. These include:
Out of the box:
Whether the free service or one of the 5 premium plans is chosen you will be given all the tools to build a scaleable website including galleries, contact forms, social streams etc. Our Wix review recommendation is that you take one of the premium plans if looking for an ad free, professional looking web presence.
The huge, highly creative Wix development team have no intention of resting on their laurels when it comes to new feature introduction.
We will consider what the Wix premium plans review of pricing tiers offers you shortly, but in terms of additional features, these simply keep on rolling. Wix users will be given the opportunity to use these new tools before anyone else.
Wix designers are constantly working on new features and customisations. You will eagerly check and review Wix website creator additions through their “Wix features by month” section.
And, that is certainly not all there is to look at. You will become a Wix website builder review regular on their sections featuring such things as:
- Video backgrounds
- ‘Parallax scrolling’ – this is the animated 3D effect you can achieve
- Wix Code – This excellent innovation allows you to automate site customisations
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) which even builds your site for you!
The development team really do have so much to offer. You will be amazed at what can be achieved simply by clicking the Wix review items in each and every section of this web builder platform.
Themes and template:
With 510+ templates you are assured of a design that will meet your personal and small business needs.
3rd Party Apps market:
As well as the wide choice of Apps offered directly from the Wix App Market you have over 260 3rd party Apps to choose from. There really is something for every need.
A fully hosted service from Wix is yours free of charge.
Automatic backup points are created by Wix. This means you can retrieve full data any time you please.
Those wishing to let the professional Wix team look after all aspects of their web presence can be assured of migration assistance.
SEO and Mobility:
A key aspect of any Wix review is SEO functionality. We feel duty-bound to highlight some important aspects the inclusive ‘Wix SEO Wiz’ function offers. It essentially provides the tools for easy on-page and technical SEO works. While individual SEO tools are sometimes limited, Wix are upgrading functionality all the time.
It must be said that this area of SEO is best farmed out to professionals who will work a full SEO package including important off page back linking SEO works. The important point is that WIX has tools that can be used by a professional digital marketing agency or yourself if you wish to take this duty.
- A personalised plan; is yours when creating a website with Wix ADI, your site comes tailor-made with customised content that is important to SEO. Those creating their website using the Wix Editor will find the site ready to be customised with unique text that best describes their business. Both methods ensure high search engine relevancy is achieved.
- The Keyword analyser; provided gives insight into how effective keywords and phrases are being used. Correct keyword use in the search marketing field is one of the most important, valuable and high return activities of SEO. Keyword ranking for appropriate keywords, density and relevance can make or break your website and our comment on availing of services from a professional digital marketing agency are particularly relevant here.
- Meta tags use (and non-abuse!); is an important balance. Wix SEO tools help achieve this.
- Page URL control; gives you complete control over main and individual page URLs.
- (H1, H2, H3); A tool for optimising heading tags is included.
- Anchor text editing; can be achieved
- Alt Text; functionality allows image description creation to ensure your image indexing is maximised.
- Mobile optimisation; tips and how to make best use of the relevant tools are included.
- Tools and Apps to improve site SEO; There are a host of inclusive tools and Apps. These include the already highlighted Wix SEO Wiz App. The Wix Site Booster App is ideal for making the most of local directories in your area, and there are 3rd party Apps and tools galore such as Google Analytics to make the most of
- Technical SEO features; These include 301 Redirects, Google indexing, Header Code and functions that make Social Media site sharing easily achievable
It goes without saying just how important it is to give visitors a good feel and ‘touch’ when they visit your website using a mobile device. Let alone scoring well under Google Mobile ranking algorithm. Again, this Wix review of mobile options should put your mind at rest.
Wix will automatically create a mobile-friendly version of your site allowing you to use the Wix Mobile Editor. This version can then be edited separately from your main site and will allow you to optimise your mobile visitor’s experience.
Some Wix review articles do not make it clear, but it needs to be understood that this works like a complete, separate site. This means you can edit different menus, headings and any other content for those accessing via mobile devices.
Support and Resources:
The process of building your website is straightforward, but it is only natural that you will need assistance now and then. Yet another plus as far as this Wix website review is concerned has to be the solid, reliable and prompt support offered.
Most of the features in the template editor offer their own ‘one click help button’. This opens a relevant and related ‘help’ article, and if this does not resolve your problem you can either email a request to the wix support team or give them a call 24/7.
It goes without saying that pricing is a key aspect for all of us. Our first Wix review pricing table below is taken directly from Wix.com and shows a latest summary of the monthly cost of each paid plan.
You also have the choice of the free plan, but quite limited option. This and the Connect Domain plan is not recommended for those establishing a company web presence due to a variety of limitations and the Wix brand ads that come with it.
Important points to note:
- You can use the free, connect domain, combo, unlimited plans for as long as you wish with no pressure to upgrade at any time, but obviously can upgrade at any time!
- Only 2 plans are valid in terms of allowing the set-up and operation of an online store. Please check details for these eCommerce and VIP subscription plans in our WIX eCommerce Review.
Where the smart money goes:
It would appear that the smart money goes on selecting an annual subscription. This is borne out by the fact that 82% of Wix subscribers opt for an annual plan with just 18% choosing the monthly payment plan option.
*You receive a free domain name for 1-year when signing up for a Wix annual plan.
**Only the eCommerce plans entitle you to a 1-time free Wix webshop review of your website design, user interface and SEO.
Each premium plan includes:
- FREE Hosting
- Domain connection
- 500MB+ Storage
- Google Analytics
- Premium support
- NO set-up fee
Do remember: You have a 14-day trial period. During this time, you can cancel with a money-back guarantee.
Anyone looking to test the water could opt for the Combo package which gives a free, unique web address (domain name), 2GB bandwidth and removes all ads, but this will not allow you to sell online.
Putting into context the review Wix website creator functions, the company’s all-round services and to achieve maximum leverage of this excellent platform we would recommend the:
VIP, eCommerce or Unlimited plans.
These comprehensive packages also include a free and unique web address (domain name) of your choice, but those looking to sell multiple items have to go for the Wix eCommerce plan or higher.
When looking closely at the Wix review of costs you will find the Wix eCommerce subscription is superb value for money. It is certainly the best online store platform you will find from ‘drag and drop’ website builders, and includes 24/7 phone support.
If you are not planning on selling online then the Wix Unlimited at should suit.
Those plumping for the Wix VIP plan really will see value from the get-go.
It includes 10 email marketing campaigns per month from the subscription based Wix ShoutOut service and a 1-off professional Wix website review.
The latter service really is a quality inclusion. Wix experts will review and give feedback on your website design, user-interface and SEO effectiveness. A comprehensive health-check from professionals who know their stuff without having to pay professional fees! You will also have access to a special VIP team and receive the treatment any VIP deserves!
Conclusion and Recommendation:
So, our Wix review conclusion;
What is it best used for?
It represents sense and value for all those looking to get a website up and running quickly, sell online if they wish, adapt to mobile visitors, and above all, give visitors a regularly changing and interesting landscape to visit time and again.
While there will undoubtedly be interest in the above offers, those who are still unsure as to whether this pricing plan structure will fit their immediate and future needs, it is recommended that you also review other Website builder platforms to achieve a comprehensive understanding of what is out there.
But we must point out that there are better website builder deals available from the likes of Squarespace and Weebly and Shopify. The latter is particularly strong if you are looking for an extremely flexible e-commerce platform from which to sell.
We have also written detailed comparison articles with the leaders of the space to help you compare and find the best website builder solution for you;
We recommend heading over to their website, see if they have any special Wix offers available. Then you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving Wix a free 14-day trial.
We hope this Wix web builder review has shed lots of light on exactly why the number one drag and drop web building platform is a temptation.
That’s all for now:
We hope you have enjoyed this Wix website review and have gleaned some useful information. Please do keep an eye out for our articles as we have lots of information relating to online services offered.
You may be interested in our related website builder, eCommerce platform review and comparison articles below;
Please share any comments below!