Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? We find teacher website examples made by Squarespace to be the best overall.
Introduction to Teacher Websites Examples and Builders:
Welcome to our guide to choosing the best website builder for teachers. We will also show you the best of the Teacher Website Examples on the internet today.
Education is one of the sectors severely affected by the impact of COVID-19 across the globe. Indeed, many educational systems were forced to adopt techniques from a traditional classroom-based approach to today’s no physical contact situation. Moreover, teachers and coaches had to adapt to the online setup, this making website builder teachers more important.
Individual educators began to create a teacher website to serve as an extension of the virtual classrooms being conducted via Zoom or Facebook Messenger. Serving as depositories for learning materials, recorded lectures, and annotations for assigned readings, to create a teacher website goes a long way in enhancing the learning experience for students whatever the subject.
Whether for the classroom or private lessons, in today’s review, we round up the top teacher website examples and list the best website builder for teachers, those that create a teacher website that's highly engaging and effective.
Why Create a Teacher Website?
In these tech-centric days, teachers cannot rely solely on old-school lesson plans or expect students to submit their work on time without supervision or reminders. Having a website serves to empower teachers, giving them more leeway in terms of giving students highly engaging assignments to do at home, offering a wider range of references, as well as creating a hub where students can submit their school work.
We can easily enumerate all the benefits of a website builder for teachers:
- Given how many students have no physical libraries at the moment, a teacher’s website can list links to viable and reliable online references;
- A teacher’s website can serve as a monitoring tool when it comes to students’ submissions, either for basic homework assignments or more elaborate projects;
- If the building platform has third-party integration with messaging software/applications like Zoom, Messenger, or WhatsApp, the site may also be used as a way by which students can come in for consultations or, in the case of students in the elementary and secondary levels, a virtual platform for parent-teacher consultations; and
- Teachers can use their sites to deploy additional materials or recorded lectures to serve as an extension of their classroom lecture, especially if they work for schools which are strict on schedules.
Our List of the Best Website Builder for Teachers:
Our top five choices for the best website builder for teachers are as follows:
Squarespace – best to create stunning websites with eCommerce functionality
SITE123 – best to create a teacher website that's basic
Weebly – best free website builder for teachers
WordPress.com – best for flexibility
Wix – best general website builder teachers
How We Chose the Best Website Builder for Teachers:
A website builder for teachers appropriate for their needs to meet exceptional standards when it comes to the following:
- Optimised ease of use; Easy navigation for both the site creator and visitors;
- Features to create a teacher website; The website builder teachers need to have third-party integration with applications related to enhancing the academic experience for both mentors and learners;
- Visual appeal; Especially for younger students surfing onto the site;
- Uptime and system resilience; especially if the website is being used to deploy classes online;
- Cost-efficiency; especially for teachers working in impoverished or less affluent communities.
Our Best Website Builder for Teachers in Detail:
What site builders are our top picks to create a teacher website?
Squarespace Teacher Website Examples
While Squarespace is considered more of an ecommerce site builder, it has a number of features that make it appropriate for the education sector. Industry-specific templates can be paired with service scheduling features to keep tabs on classwork or to set time for consultations with students or their parents. Squarespace’s blogging function also allows teachers to expound further on topics that were given limited time during the lecture. Take note, however, that Squarespace is not free to use; you will need to shell out $12 a month to get the most basic subscription.
Teacher Website Examples – Made with Squarespace:
https://www.amandalynch.org/ – The website of this environment and climate change professor is one of the best teacher website examples made with stunning templates courtesy of Squarespace. You can check out her research work on climate and the environment through the site.
https://www.jpteachesphoto.com/– JP Pullos is a highly recognized photographer based out of New York. He teaches beginner and advanced photography to his students in private online lessons and group lessons in person.
- Drag and drop site builder with built-in ecommerce capabilities;
- Over 100 industry-specific design templates, including several for the education sector;
- Built-in site customisation modules;
- Cloud-based hosting available for this website builder for teachers; and
- Mobile-responsive sites so that students can keep up with their lecturers even on the go, as seen on several teacher website examples.
Subscription cost runs between $12 and $40 a month, with ecommerce plans pegged at $26 monthly at the most basic
SITE123 Teacher Website Examples
It’s as easy as…well, you get the picture. One of the easiest platforms available, SITE 123 is an excellent choice for teachers who just need a site in which to present assignments, links to assigned readings or references, and a submission hub for students’ assignments. We have to point out, however, that sites created with this platform will be very basic in both function and appearance, so it may not be a good choice for teachers handling students in their pre-teens and teens.
Teacher Website Examples – Made with SITE123:
https://www.muki-tennis.com/ – This is a German site for tennis coaching specifically for young children and their parents. You can read latest events, news, and contact them to book private lessons.
https://www.lupitarodriguez.org/ – If you're looking for a teacher for personal guidance and empowerment, getting a life coach is one of the best decisions. This site takes you to Lupita Rodriguez' videos, testimonials, blog, and devotionals.
- Conventional drag and drop website builder teachers;
- Core SEO toolkit;
- Social media integration for more than 25 popular social networking platforms, but note this does not offer live feeds to user pages
Weebly Teacher Website Examples
Like its arch-rival Wix, Weebly is one of the most popular basic builders currently available – and with good reason: it’s very reliable thanks to cloud-based hosting, ensuring that user sites are up 99.9 per cent of the time. This highly reliable site builder also enables teachers to enhance the learning experience with any number of applications, as well as integration with a number of social media platforms.
Weebly Teacher Website Examples – Made with Weebly:
https://kitchenclassroom.net/ – This is a cooking classroom where aficionados can book private cooking lessons with Chef Jeff Selligman.
http://christiandornmusic.com/– What we have here is a teacher website examples featuring private lessons offered by professional musician Christian Dorn. You can book classes and watch free videos and tutorials on his site.
https://www.gretchencseibel.com/ – Another one of teacher website examples made by Weebly are portfolios where teachers can upload their CV, certifications, curriculum, and free lessons.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop website builder for teachers;
- In-platform applications marketplace for third-party integrations;
- SSL certificate;
- Cloud-based hosting; and
- You're able to create educational website free.
- This teacher website builders offer a free-to-use site building plan, but keep in mind that this will be limited in terms of storage and functionality;
- $5 to 38 monthly is the average cost for a Weebly subscription, but a caveat: full functionality is only available for the top two pricing tiers
A 30-day money back guarantee is applicable to all paid subscriptions. Therefore, users who aren't happy with the service can receive a full refund if they cancel their account within 30 days of activation or within 30 days of the service contract renewal.
WordPress.com Teacher Website Examples
WordPress is the easy choice for a website builder teachers for those who are seriously strapped for time and effort as its managed hosting aspect can make things much easier. The CMS interface works in the same way as a word processor. So it would be much easier to use for older teachers and those who aren’t exactly inclined towards building a site from scratch.
Fortunately, the platform has numerous ready templates. There are also a whole range of plugins – for creating a good-looking and highly interactive website.
Teacher Website Examples – Made with WordPress:
https://thepianoplaceutah.com/ – Website designed for personal piano lessons and instruction on other instruments.
https://www.21-draw.com/ – This collaborative project lets students enhance their art skills with instruction from multiple instructors.
- CMS site creator/editor;
- Integrated news and blogging function;
- Post scheduling feature;
- Responsive web design;
- Extensive selection of functional plugins; and
- Numerous aesthetic/design options
- Free teacher website builder available, but take note that the functionality and features included are considerably less than what you would get with a paid subscription;
- Monthly rates to create a teacher website range from $4
A 14-day money-back guarantee applies to all paid subscriptions as per their Terms of Service.
Wix Teacher Website Examples
The highly intuitive basic website builder teachers is a godsend for time- and cash-strapped educators as you can create a site with it in minutes. Wix also has a free-to-use edition that will suffice for basic sites geared towards younger students. Teachers will also appreciate the fact that the platform has ready education-themed templates to make the site creation process easier.
Teacher Website Examples – Made by Wix:
Wix teacher website examples include:
https://www.thomasbosket.com/ – This Yale University educator provides lessons and consultancy on art and media. His website also features materials and videos for students to broaden their knowledge on these topics.
https://www.makeupandmagick.com/ – Want to pull off the perfect winged eyeliner? This website offers private lessons not only on makeup, but also on self-improvement and even tarot!
- WIX ADI website builder teachers;
- Conventional drag-and-drop builder;
- SEO tool suite to help students find the site faster; and
- Extensive range of third-party integrations.
- Offers a free to use edition for those on a tight budget;
- Monthly rates range between $4.50
Conclusion and Recommendation for the Best Website Builder for Teachers:
At this point, Squarespace gets our vote as the best when it comes to being the gold standard for website builders for teachers. Thanks to its great service-oriented features and superior blogging platform, it enables teachers to create a site that makes learning a more pleasant and meaningful experience for students of all levels.
Nevertheless, any of the site builders listed in this review are excellent for teachers and instructors who need to step up their game when it comes to providing classes. Given how many teachers, especially those working in government-run schools, are on a tight budget when it comes to providing engaging materials for their students, having their own website takes some of the burden off and actually enables them to develop better technical skills as they create and manage their sites.
I’m not exactly tech-savvy and I know nothing about web design, but I've seen teacher website examples. So is there a platform that’s as easy to use as my word processing software?
Yes: that would be WordPress. The platform’s CMS-driven interface works in the same way as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. All you need to do is type up your text and select media to display. Keep in mind, however, that this means your layout will be somewhat linear.
Do any of these website builder teachers offer a feature for designing a website on the fly?
If you’re short on time and need to build a site right away, consider Wix your website builder teachers of choice. The platform’s AI-driven intuitive builder allows you to create a teacher website by answering a few questions. You can tweak the auto-generated site later, but it’s great for when you need a site in a pinch.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best website builder for teachers list, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what teacher website examples are right for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
- Weebly vs Squarespace Comparison: Who Wins in 2023?
- Wix vs Weebly vs Squarespace: Which Site Builder Should You Choose in 2023?
- Ultimate Wix Weebly Squarespace WordPress Comparison 2023
- 8 Best Learning Management Systems Examples 2023
- Top 5 Best Website Builder for Marketing Agency 2023: (Marketing Portfolio Website Examples)