Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? We believe Hostinger offers the best web hosting with Bitcoin.
Bitcoin: a word that has made waves throughout the world. It is the leading cryptocurrency in terms of capitalisation and the most desired one of its kind.
Interestingly enough, despite the fact that cryptos are seen as the future of investing and finance, they aren’t widely used as transactional currency in the real world. But this may change soon enough, especially online where several website building platforms have begun to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment for premium services.
In today’s review, we highlight the top five web hosting with Bitcoin platforms and how these stack up in terms of performance and value for your [crypto] money.
What is Web Hosting with Bitcoin?
Simply put, web hosting with Bitcoin is any form of website building and hosting service that accepts cryptocurrency (Bitcoin for preference) as payment in lieu of more conventional methods such as credit cards or bank transfers.
The best web hosting that accepts Bitcoin are those that are highly reliable, do not skimp with regard to service quality, and treat crypto-paying customers the same as those paying through more conventional methods.
Our Top Three Bitcoin Hosting Providers:
These are creme de la creme of web hosting with Bitcoin based on our in-house review and testing:
- Hostinger – all-around best web hosting that accepts Bitcoin
- Hostwinds – best for flexible cryptocurrency payments aside from Bitcoin
- NameCheap – cheap hosting Bitcoin
How We Chose Our Best Bitcoin Hosting Providers:
Our criteria for selection include the following parameters in choosing the top web hosting Bitcoin accepted platforms:
- If you buy hosting Bitcoin, it should have the ability to accept payments in the form of cryptocurrency, specifically through a reliable crypto payment platform;
- Reliability in terms of performance and uptime;
- Web hosting Bitcoin payment providers need ample storage space and bandwidth;
- Ability to purchase domain names using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a way of ensuring user privacy; and
- Enhanced privacy features essentially created to protect crypto users are essentially when you buy hosting Bitcoin platform.
Our Top Three Bitcoin Hosting Providers in Detail:
The Lithuanian site building platform was among the first to dive into the acceptance of cryptocurrencies as a payment method for its services. In addition, Hostinger has also distinguished itself through its incredibly affordable hosting Bitcoin payment plans which certainly give more bang for your bucks in terms of storage space and overall performance.
- Allows payments in multiple cryptocurrencies via the CoinPayments platform which, essentially, works like PayPal but for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and even Litecoin;
- Accepts payments in a relatively new crypto called BitDegree via a manual blockchain transfer;
- Ample storage space (30GB) and bandwidth (100GB) even for the most basic building packages; and
- Offers pay-to-use privacy features that enable users to conceal their registration details to prevent anyone snooping in on them via a “WhoIs” search on their domains.
Pros and Cons
- Offers a two-factor authentication system to protect user sites;
- Weekly automated backups are included across all subscription packages;
- One of the fastest in terms of loading speed at 345 milliseconds
- Stopped offering a trial period – you have to commit to a plan from the get-go;
- Offers only one domain free regardless of your plan and charges an additional fee per secondary domain name;
- Still imposes limits on the number of email addresses with a limit set at 100 where all others offer an unlimited number.
Its core product – shared web hosting with Bitcoin – is usually pegged between $1.39 and $3.99 per month.
If you're looking for a hosting solution that practically has it all – unlimited storage, bandwidth, and even databases – as well as ensured security via a free SSL certificate, then Hostwinds may just be the service for you. Hostwinds is a web hosting that accepts Bitcoin and empowers its users thanks to its 99.9999% uptime guarantee – which may sound exaggerated, but they're for real.
You can buy hosting Bitcoin-wise or pay it with cryptocurrency. This hosting bitcoin payment also includes a variety of features specific to privacy protection, including the platform's own VPN service as well as advanced SSL.
- Free domains with all subscriptions;
- Accepts cryptopayments through CoinPayments, but you can buy hosting Bitcoin and Ethereum to include relatively new or novelty cryptos like Digibyte, Dogecoin, and Qtum;
- Allows users to choose the data centre closest to their location to ensure rapid loading speed and site availability;
- Windows hosting option for any VPS plan, either managed or unmanaged; and
- Premium backup service for this web hosting with bitcoin comes at an additional cost, allowing for automatic backup on a regular basis.
Pros and Cons
- When you buy hosting Bitcoin, a plan structure that is easy to understand and navigate;
- Expert support at all time;
- One of the easiest site builders to set up and use
- There is hardly any difference between service packages regardless of cost when you buy hosting Bitcoin;
- Is still relatively new and, thanks to that, has little in the way of reputational capital;
- Limited number of data centers, mostly located in the US and Europe, which may cause service issues for those from other regions.
Plans for this hosting Bitcoin payment platform range from $6.47 to $9.74 monthly
As the name itself suggests, NameCheap is one of the most reasonably priced hosting services currently available online and one that users can pay for with cryptocurrency. While it was originally a reasonably priced domain registrar, it now offers a variety of web hosting options, including shared hosting, VPNs, and dedicated servers. It has also cemented its reputation as an advocate for online privacy, actively donating to advocacies dedicated to users' online rights and publicly standing up to government initiatives threatening to breach data privacy protocols.
- Hosting pay with Bitcoin through the BitPay crypto payment portal rather than CoinPayments, accepting both bitcoin and Bitcoin cash;
- Includes WhoisGuard, a protective application, at no additional charge, allowing users to check out discreetly, their details properly hidden by the app;
- Automatic WordPress installation for several plans goes with this web hosting with Bitcoin. It also includes a free SSL certificate and one-click backup; and
- Secure SFTP access even with the most basic plans, allowing users to ensure their site management remains private.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent pricing scheme;
- Premium DNS service;
- Superior customer and technical support services
- Renewing one's package for this hosting Bitcoin payment-enabled platform tends to be more expensive;
- Confusing dashboard layout;
- UI has a somewhat dated look and feel
To buy hosting Bitcoin, NameCheap’s rates for its shared hosting plans are among the cheapest in the world, running between $1.58 to $4.80 monthly.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
To wrap up this list of the best web hosting that accepts Bitcoin review;
We've presented you with three viable options, of which Hostinger is our top choice for web hosting that accepts Bitcoin.
While Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have yet to get more widespread acceptance as a mode of payment for the world’s most commonly used services on and offline, the three hosting Bitcoin payment platforms we featured in this article are excellent choices if you wish to pay for your web hosting service with your crypto of choice.
Will hosting pay Bitcoin make my payment more secure than paying for it with a credit card or bank transfer?
That would depend on the service. Opting for web hosting with Bitcoin such as NameCheap, for example, offers ample security through its premium app WhoIsGuard, while Hostinger offers several options to maximise user privacy.
I have trouble using the CoinPayments platform. Is there a service that doesn’t use it?
NameCheap uses BitPay and it works in a similar capacity but is quite easy to use.
I don’t do Bitcoin or Ethereum, as I would rather invest in smaller cryptos. Do any of these web hosting that accepts Bitcoin options accept say Qtum or Dogecoin?
Hostwinds is also connected to the CoinPayments platform, but this hosting Bitcoin payment platform will accept those coins as well as several other lesser-known cryptos as payment.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best web hosting with Bitcoin list we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what web hosting that accepts Bitcoin choices are right for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;