The word “uTorrent” is mistakenly associated with piracy and illegal activity. However, it's merely software that allows you to download legal content swiftly and safely.
Therefore, if you're interested in learning about how to use uTorrent, read our U Torrent reviews to know its features, pros, and cons, and a brief guide on how to install uTorrent.
What is uTorrent?
uTorrent is, first and foremost, a torrent client – a software that allows downloading of content via a peer-to-peer (P2P) network. It is the brainchild of San Francisco, CA-based company BitTorrent, which is also responsible for developing another popular torrent client – BitTorrent.
Undoubtedly, u Torrent is the most popular torrent client in the world. It tops the torrents downloader apps on Google Play with more than 100 million downloads.
In this U Torrent reviews, let's take a closer look at how to install uTorrent and whether this software remains the best in its field.
Watch out for our short uTorrent tutorial – we'll show you the ropes on how to use uTorrent.
Ease of Use:
If you've shopped around for torrent clients, then you'll know that u Torrent has the simplest and most intuitive interface out there. So there isn't much clutter going in with its interface, and everything is easy on the eyes that it's a joy to use. On top, there's a menu bar, while the left features key settings. On the central panel, you can view the status of your downloads, whether completed or in progress.
Setting up u Torrent is also pain-free. It works on Mac, Windows, and Linus. UTorrent mobile works on iOS and Android.
Here's a quick uTorrent tutorial on how to install uTorrent:
- First, visit the u Torrent site.
- Look for the uTorrent free download button.
- If utorrent.exe finishes downloading, double-click and do as the wizard says to install uTorrent completely.
How to use uTorrent – a step-by-step uTorrent tutorial:
- Download and install uTorrent Pro or uTorrent 64 bit Windows 10 on your device or computer.
- Search for a torrent – you must go to a torrent search site, for example, Piratebay.
- Look for the content you wish to download on the site and click on it.
- Another page opens, where you will see a “Get This Torrent” link. Click on that.
- A prompt will appear notifying whether you allow u Torrent to open the file – click “Open uTorrent.”
- Tick the “Start torrent” box and click “Ok.”
- The file will start the download, and you can monitor its progress.
- Locate the downloaded file in the destination folder.
That's it! That's how to use uTorrent to download the relevant content.
In this U Torrent reviews, what features make uTorrent stand out from the crowd of torrent clients?
Out of the box:
U Torrent offers its users several built-in features. If you're unsure of how to use uTorrent, refer to our uTorrent tutorial above.
- Low resource usage – One of the best things about uTorrent is that it's not resource-exhaustive. It's a tiny app that takes up only 2MB of disk space.
- Setting caps – For starters, you're allowed to set speed caps throughout the day. Say you want the software to utilise maximum bandwidth in the evening; you can do so using the settings tab.
- Remote download management – While this isn't a unique feature, it's a useful one nevertheless. You can manage uTorrent downloads remotely through an Android app. You can start or stop downloads on your PC when you're far from home.
For this U Torrent reviews, let's talk security. Is it safe to use?
Users who install uTorrent or any torrent client know the risks of downloading content off the Web. Therefore, it's always better to be on the safe side on how to use uTorrent by using a good uTorrent VPN when downloading using the P2P system.
Certainly, u Torrent has had problematic encounters with security in the past. For example, its EXE programme is automatically flagged by 18 in 72 antivirus software, a cautionary tale to be sure.
Yet this issue is not exclusive to u Torrent, but applies to all torrent clients.
Extensions and plug-ins:
If you're hoping for additional plugin functionality, you'll be disappointed with u Torrent. Unfortunately, the torrent client does not offer any.
Aside from the free u Torrent version, other variants of the torrent client are also available:
- Free: while completely, it's ad-infested and with limited functionality.
- Pro: a safer and ad-free u Torrent version that comes at $19.95 per year.
- Pro+VPN: this is how to use uTorrent with peace of mind. You're assured of the ultimate secure torrenting experiencing with the addition of CyberGhost Premium VPN, which costs $69.65 yearly.
Wrapping up our u Torrent reviews:
u Torrent is one of the best torrent clients in our book due to its impressively simple interface. You might not even need a uTorrent tutorial to use it.
It's also packed with features that have a great user experience in mind. Nevertheless, the basic version can be plagued with virus concerns, so we advise you to subscribe to higher-tier plans, such as U Torrent Pro or Pro+VPN.
If you want to look around some more, here are the best alternatives to u Torrent:
qBitTorrent vs uTorrent. When it comes to safety and an ad-free experience, qBitTorrent beats u Torrent.
uTorrent or BitTorrent. These torrent clients come from the same maker, but BitTorrent is the more stable software, as uTorrent is constantly updated and developed.
Will using u Torrent land me in jail?
No, it won't. Using software like u Torrent is not illegal. It's digital piracy that is illegal.
What's the best way to download a torrent safely?
Use a virtual private network or VPN. It protects you from malware and illegal monitoring of your Internet activity.
That’s all for now:
Thanks for reading our U Torrent reviews and don’t forget to keep an eye out for our ever-growing blog of review and comparison articles. Check out related torrent tools, VPN, website builder, and eCommerce platform review and comparison articles such as;
Not only the best tea/coffee maker on the team Sophie keeps the many marketing projects flowing ensuring completion on time. Skilled across multiple marketing skill areas Sophie is our all rounder and a great asset to the team. Sophie is a website building trainer and tech writer who takes pride in helping small businesses and startups build their websites and launch their eCommerce platforms. Sophie is also the practical joker of the team and always wears a smile on her face. In her spare time she likes to spend her time with family. She loves going on holidays and spending time with friends.