Table of Contents
Squarespace: Best for beauty
- Stunning designs and templates: most aesthetically pleasing among builders
- Impressive eCommerce features
- Great support
- Mobile apps available on Android and iOS
- Not the best website editor in the market
- No automatic backups
- Page speeds are not the fastest
Introduction: Is Squarespace worth it? That is the question.
Squarespace is one of the big names in website builders. It has been an industry leader since 2004. Therefore, it's not a shot in the dark to say that those keen on building their websites should consider this platform. However, one should ask – given the Squarespace pricing, is Squarespace worth it?
This is the big question I'll answer in this review. We'll run through some of its main features, pros and cons, and Squarespace website cost.
Read all the way through to find out how you can get a Squarespace trial.
Ease of use:
Squarespace offers its users a minimalist, clean interface. Users, even with no coding experience, will pretty much be able to navigate the site and start creating their projects. Therefore, is Squarespace worth it to a tech newbie? It definitely is.
Features and Flexibility:
The excellent news for Squarespace users is that it comes packed with exciting features integrated into the Squarespace website cost. Some of our favourite Squarespace website builder features that make Squarespace pricing a bang for your buck are:
- Free Domain: If you have already purchased a domain, you can quickly point this to your Squarespace website. However, if you are still in need of one, you can opt to buy a domain from Squarespace, at annual or bi-annual subscriptions, inclusive of a domain name for a year. After this, and depending on the domain name, the Squarespace pricing ranges from $20 to $70 annually.
- No Ads: One of the best things about using Squarespace is that there are no ads! Regardless of the Squarespace pricing plan, you don't have to worry about dealing with random ads popping in and out of your screen while building your website.
- Monetization/ eCommerce/ Google Ads: If you want to run ads on your site, however, or even sell physical or digital goods, you can do so on your Squarespace website. Google Adsense easily integrates into a site, helping you earn through your website.
- eCommerce: Another added value in each Squarespace pricing plan is the built-in eCommerce functionality. For users looking to put their work out in public and for sales, this eCommerce feature is a great tool to take advantage of. This feature is available in all plans and comes with a free SSL certificate, one of the must-haves of a commercial website.
- Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage: All plans regardless of Squarespace pricing, come with unlimited bandwidth and storage, allowing websites full functionality any time of the day.
Interested in these exciting features? Take Squarespace for a spin with a Squarespace trial – get it through this link.
Themes and Templates:
When it comes to design, Squarespace takes the lead in the industry. Is Squarespace worth it in terms of aesthetics? Definitely! It offers the most beautiful themes and templates to choose from considering the Squarespace website cost. The themes can be categorised for an online store, portfolio, memberships, blogs, and launch page.
These themes are all wonderfully created for professional-looking websites. It doesn't matter what style or industry you are in; there is a site theme to go with it. Furthermore, these templates can be customised with some necessary tweaking and can be further modified with coding.
To experience beauty in website design, get a Squarespace trial through this link.
A standard with website builders, Squarespace can be heavily customised by a developer or someone with HTML/CSS skills (to begin with). Also, widgets such as Social Media add ons, galleries, and business tools can help in further designing your site, specific to your needs.
3rd Party Integrations:
Squarespace has its “app store” Extension directory, but it isn't well-stocked. Fortunately, most sites can be integrated with various 3rd party apps and work seamlessly with a wide range of plug-ins, depending on your needs.
All websites created in Squarespace, regardless of the plan, come with hosting for the site, along with unlimited bandwidth and storage.
One of the drawbacks of Squarespace is the lack of CMS backup and restoration supported within the system. In its Support section, a “backup” of the site is recommended simply as downloading a copy of your site's content into a local or cloud storage.
If you already have an existing site and looking to transition to Squarespace, its website migration feature is the perfect tool.
Is Squarespace worth it for eCommerce? Unlike before, Squarespace now comes with a powerful eCommerce tool, much to its users' delight. Some of its main features are easy-to-customise templates for any business and industry, add items to cart, simple checkout, shipping, unlimited product listings, product descriptions and videos, related products, product catalogues, built-in inventory, and more.
For a more exhaustive review of this platform's eCommerce features, best to follow this link for our full Squarespace eCommerce review.
SEO and Mobility:
Through the years, one of the major boosts in features that justifies Squarespace website cost is its SEO functionality. Squarespace provides its users with the following SEO capabilities right into their sites:
- Direct edit of the SEO page title and descriptions
- Hide a Page from a Search Engine
- Control the image appearing together with your content
- Sitemap Generator
Squarespace websites are highly mobile-responsive, as well.
It's not the fastest website builder out there. However, to speed up your site, Squarespace offers the SSL option and HSTS.
Support and Resources:
There is a Help Center available for easy browsing of queries, a contact support agent ready to assist, and an option to hire a Squarespace expert to help you with everything you need for your site. However, it limits its support to online support only; they have taken great pains to explain why they do not offer phone support.
There are four main Squarespace plans to choose from, depending on your needs. All Squarespace website cost plans come with free hosting and 24/7 customer support. For selling, it's important to note that the Commerce plans offer zero transaction fees, in contrast with Business.
Squarespace Website Cost:
- Personal: The most basic of all the plans and comes with the standard package of the free domain (for one year), free SSL, unlimited bandwidth and storage, SEO features, and various templates to choose from. Priced at $12 per month.
- Business: This plan is ideal for small to medium businesses and provides an eCommerce system for your market. As mentioned, there is a transaction fee to take note of. Priced at $18 per month.
- Commerce (Basic and Advance): The best plan for businesses looking to sell on their site entirely, the Commerce Plan takes zero transaction fees and come with more functionalities such as customer accounts, inventory tracking, and so much more. Priced at $26 per month and $40 per month, respectively.
Free trial/refund policy/money-back guarantee:
Squarespace trial comes in 14 days of free testing of the Business Plan. Once the Squarespace trial expires and your account reverts to the “Personal” plan, any business plan progress will not be saved.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
To wrap up this Squarespace pricing review –
What is it best for?
Squarespace is an excellent tool for businesses and individuals looking to build a professional website for sales or personal use. For a competitive Squarespace website cost, it comes with beautiful designs to choose from and can be customised, along with powerful tools perfect for SEO and eCommerce.
What is it not best for?
Squarespace is not recommended for users looking to create a website for free. The platform is relatively more expensive than its competitors. Also, if you're a complete newbie who doesn't want any to undergo any learning curve, this isn't for you.
Still wondering “Is Squarespace worth it?” – give your mind a rest and take it on a test drive!
Grab the 14 Day Free Squarespace Trial available for the Squarespace Business Plan. You can even extend the trial or request to continue a free trial in an existing project.
Which is better - Squarespace vs GoDaddy?
In terms of creating beautiful websites, Squarespace takes the lead over GoDaddy.
Squarespace vs Webflow - which is more user-friendly?
Squarespace is more user-friendly, especially for first-time website builders.
What's the difference between Squarespace vs Square?
Squarespace is a software to create websites, while Square is a payment gateway.
That’s all for now:
Thanks for reading our Squarespace pricing review and don’t forget to keep an eye out for our ever-growing blog of review and comparison articles. Please share any comments below!
Not only the best tea/coffee maker on the team Sophie keeps the many marketing projects flowing ensuring completion on time. Skilled across multiple marketing skill areas Sophie is our all rounder and a great asset to the team. Sophie is a website building trainer and tech writer who takes pride in helping small businesses and startups build their websites and launch their eCommerce platforms. Sophie is also the practical joker of the team and always wears a smile on her face. In her spare time she likes to spend her time with family. She loves going on holidays and spending time with friends.