Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The best podcast website builder for most people is Squarespace.
How to make a website for a podcast? Have a camera and an audio recording app on your phone or desktop? Got thoughts worth sharing? Then maybe you ought to join thousands of people from all over the world who have hopped aboard the podcasting bandwagon.
There are a lot of podcasting platforms to choose from, and several of these even offer podcast website builder features so that podcasters can create and share their work from a single spot. However, experts say that this might not be enough to help creators gain the momentum and reach that they want.
In this review, we present a list of our top four best website builders for podcasts along with some practical tips on why you should consider an external site-building and hosting platform for your online broadcast.
Why Choose a Podcast Website Builder?
We can’t emphasise it enough – you need to use a podcast website builder to build a presence.
Too many podcast hosting services currently available offer too little in the way of features which can help users gain momentum with their target audiences and, subsequently, expand their audience reach over time. Likewise, we’re also concerned about the overall reliability of podcast-only hosting sites in terms of performance (will your podcast lag on deployment?), as well as online searchability.
Utilising the best website builder for podcasts will have the following benefits for you as a user:
- You can select from an extensive array of free podcast website templates to give your site and podcast a professional aesthetic. This boosts your image as a competent and style-savvy content creator;
- A selection of SEO tools (or even an SEO-ready back-end) to ensure your podcast makes it to the top page hits on Google or other search engines and media directories;
- The best website builder for podcasts will have ample marketing solutions to expand your audience reach;
- Ability to use a custom domain to reflect your content/brand persona; and
- Getting a podcast website builder allows for monetisation. It will link to payment gateways, donation widgets, and integration with online marketing tools.
Our List of the Best Website Builder for Podcasts:
We present our lineup of the best podcast website builders:
- Squarespace – all-around best website builder for podcasts
- SITE123 – best for beginners
- Podpage – specifically for podacasters
- Wix – great for more general use
How We Chose the Leading Podcast Website Builder:
Our review is based on the following criteria:
- Ease of use – is there a learning curve associated with using this podcast web builder?
- Features and functionality – what sort of features and functionalities can you expect from the podcast website builder?
- SEO and Mobility – can this podcast website builder help you rank well on Google and other search engines?
- Support and Resources – will you get competent support from this podcast website builder?
- Value for money.
Our Best Website Builder for Podcasts in Detail:
In this podcast web builder review, let's get up close and personal with each candidate.
The thing about Squarespace is that you won’t need a third-party hosting service to broadcast your content. Regardless of your subscription plan, you have more than ample file storage space and bandwidth to ensure that your podcast goes without a hitch and, most importantly, the quality of your content is not compromised.
How to make a website for a podcast is also much easier to use than most with Squarespace. All you have to do is create a blog page, then turn on the podcasting feature in the blog settings.
- Connect several podcasts to a single website;
- RSS feed distribution to numerous podcast directories including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Spotify;
- Built-in RSS analytics allow podcasters to track unique feed subscribers, but this may be augmented further using third-party analytics;
- SEO toolkit;
- Social media integration; and
- Integration with payment portals like PayPal for donations or the distribution of premium or paid content
- Platform is optimised for content creation and distribution;
- Expertly done podcast page design templates to give your site an elegant and professional look;
- Excellent technical support
- No free edition and trial only runs for over a week;
- Drag and drop builder isn’t very tractable;
- May prove expensive over time
Subscription cost runs between $12 and $40 a month, with ecommerce plans pegged at $26 monthly at the most basic
If you seriously want to go Spartan-simple, then the uber-basic feel of SITE123 may be the builder you need for your podcast.
Thanks to its highly intuitive site building platform, users can easily tailor-fit templates to their needs – and there are nearly 200 to choose from in the platform's library.
But that's all well and good for aesthetics; how to make a website for a podcast using SITE123? How does it stack up as a podcast hosting platform? That's where its predefined content blocks come in, specifically the Music Player block. All you have to do is use it to upload pre-recorded episodes of your audio podcast, up to 100MB each. what's nifty about this is that you can also link up your SITE123 account to either Soundcloud or Spotify to make things much easier.
- Intuitive block-based site builder;
- Approximately 180 professionally-designed templates;
- Music Player block for file uploading and deployment; and
- Third-party integration with leading streaming platforms
- Predefined site creation parameters allow for the ultimate ease of use;
- One of the few site builders to offer a free-to-use edition;
- Offers multilingual options to make things easier for site creators whose native language isn’t English
- Free edition is riddled with pop-ups that tend to distract site creators from their work;
- One of the pricier website building options, but it doesn’t really give that much bang for your buck;
- Layout templates are very pedestrian at best and there are very few ways by which these can be enhanced.
How to make a website for a podcast on Podpage? If you’re creating your podcast with Apple software and / or devices, Podpage would be your best bet in terms of podcast hosting and site creation.
Admittedly, Podpage doesn't have much in the way of features and customisation tools, but the templates are specifically made for podcast hosting and there are several features that are bound to help podcasters produce their best work yet.
- Third-party integration with several leading podcast hosting services;
- Automatic RSS Feed updating;
- Podcast-specific SEO toolkit;
- Allows for the placement of subscription buttons;
- Has an audio player you can embed from your podcast host of choice;
- Lets users post videos and transcripts to episode pages.
- Integration with leading podcasting platforms;
- Podcast-centric features and functionality;
- Reasonably priced
- Some features work better with podcasts created with Apple software or devices;
- iOS users get priority;
- Limited site creation functionality
- Offers a free plan, but full functionality will only be available for seven days;
- Basic podcast sites will set you back by $9.00 monthly, while pro sites will cost $15.00 a month
Founded in and still operating from Tel Aviv, Israel, Wix is the site builder of choice for over four million users across the globe and has been since 2006. Having grown by leaps and bounds over the course of nearly two decades, it offers a two-pronged approach to site building. Users can simply answer a few questions and generate an AI-built website or use the drag-and-drop approach using the template-based builder.
How to make a website for a podcast using Wix? While Squarespace lets you host your podcast directly on its platform, it’s a different story with Wix. You will need an external host to play your episodes, but working with the podcast player actually lets you use a number of great features with which to create and maintain a stellar podcast.
All you need to do is install the podcast player via the Wix App Market, then connect it to the service or archive where your media files are hosted.
- Podcast-friendly website templates;
- Aesthetic flexibility is a plus for this best website builder for podcasts;
- Extensive SEO toolkit;
- Built-in online marketing suite;
- Monetisation solutions; and
- Analytics platform
- Offers the most extensive selection of functional add-ons;
- Offers maximum creative flexibility;
- Excellent technical assistance
- Requires a third-party hosting service for podcasts;
- Scalability and audience base building both require premium third-party applications;
- One can easily get lost with all the available features in the UI
The platform is a free podcast website builder, but with annoying ads included. Monthly rates range from $4.50 to $25
Conclusion and Recommendations:
Now, let's wrap up this podcast website builder review;
Any one of these best website builders for podcasts can be used to make a truly unique podcast, but a couple do stand out for the right reasons.
Squarespace, for example, ticks all the boxes when it comes to serving as a one-stop shop for all of your podcasting requirements, especially if you're heavy into creative content or commerce.
On the other hand, Podpage would work best for those who are more comfortable with Apple devices. For a very basic builder, it also has a surprising number of bells and whistles for content creators.
I know absolutely nothing about site creation, but I want to know how to make a website for a podcast. Which is the best website builders for podcast that would work for me?
If your knowledge of site creation is tabula rasa, then SITE123 would be your best option as it was specifically created as a startup builder.
I already have a site; I just need a podcast player for it. Which best website builder for podcasts option on your list will work?
That's where WIX Podcast Player may come in handy. The standalone app can be used on sites built with other platforms.
How to make a website for a podcast best for Apple users?
Podpage may be basic, but it interfaces beautifully for iOS podcasters.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best website builder for podcasts review, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of how to make a website for a podcast! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Digital Marketing Specialist
Ailsa is our expert digital marketing specialist with over 10 years experience. Her attitude to “getting things done” is what makes her a really good asset to the team. She is the person who performs outreach to other website owners to get the best backlinks available for our clients. She is also a wizz when it comes to monitoring analytics and finding things that may be holding a clients website back from reaching the top!