Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? We find that most people consider Weebly to be the easiest website builder out there today for beginners.
Introduction to our Easiest Website Builder Guide:
What is the easiest website builder for beginners today?
It seems like everyone these days wants to create a website. Whether it’s a business page, a personal portfolio, or something with which to share special interests, having a website is a must for anyone who wants an audience or seeks to appeal to a target market.
But not everyone has the skills or even the time to create a website. Plus, especially for younger creators, it’s hard to make heads and tails of HTML coding especially when you aren’t training for a tech course. That said, it’s necessary to consider the easiest website builder to use – especially one that gets a site up in record time.
For today’s review, we’re talking about our top picks for the easiest website builder. It’s a process that involves knowing what is the easiest website builder for beginners, how these stack up in terms of cost, what aesthetic options are available, and how elaborate or functional a website one can create using the platform.
Our Top 11 Picks for an Easy Website Builder for Beginners:
Our top platforms include a number of names that are familiar to many people who have created simple sites and/or scaled up from there.
Easiest Website Builders
Here is a list of platforms that answers the question, “what is the easiest website builder for beginners?”.
Weebly – overall best easiest website builder (My Choice!!!)
Site123 – Best for small websites and beginners who value simplicity.
Zyro – Best for rapid website development.
Jimdo – Best for personal websites or small businesses.
Wix – Best for beginners looking for creative control.
GoDaddy – a steadily improving easy website builder
Shopify – Best for beginner eCommerce entrepreneurs.
Squarespace – best easy website builder for design & creatives
Carrd – Best for single-page websites, portfolios, or landing pages.
WordPress.com – easy website builder for bloggers
GoogleSites – (the only 100% free website builder with unlimited bandwidth and storage)
Quick Comparison Table for my Top 11 Easy Website Builder for Beginners:
|Pricing||Key Features||My View|
|1 – Weebly (My Choice!)||Starts from $6/month||Drag-and-drop builder, integrated eCommerce tools||Best for small businesses and portfolios.||Try Weebly for free|
|2 – Site123||Starts from $12.80/month||Quick and easy setup, responsive designs||Best for small websites and beginners who value simplicity.||Try Site123 for free|
|3 – Zyro||Starts from $2.90/month||Intuitive interface, AI-driven tools||Best for rapid website development.||Try Zyro for free|
|4 – Jimdo||Starts from $9/month||Drag-and-drop builder, mobile responsive||Best for personal websites or small businesses.||Try Jimdo for free|
|5 – Wix||Starts from $14/month||Drag-and-drop builder, large template library||Best for complete beginners looking for creative control.||Try Wix for free|
|6 – GoDaddy||Starts from $9.99/month||Fast and easy setup, 24/7 support||Best for small businesses who want to get online quickly.||Try GoDaddy for free|
|7 – Shopify||Starts from $29/month||Easy to set up, comprehensive eCommerce features||Best for beginner eCommerce entrepreneurs.||Try Shopify for free|
|8 – Squarespace||Starts from $12/month||Beautiful templates, robust blogging features||Best for creatives and bloggers.||Try Squarespace for free|
|9 – Carrd||Starts from $19/year||Simple, one-page sites, easy to use||Best for single-page websites, portfolios, or landing pages.||Try Carrd for free|
|10 – WordPress.com||Starts from $4 / month||Easy to use, scalable||Best for blogs and small to medium-sized websites.||Try WordPress.com for Free|
|11 – Google Sites||Free||Simple drag-and-drop editor, integration with other Google services||Best for basic websites and collaborative work.||Try Google Sites for free|
What Exactly Do We Mean When We Refer to the Easy Website Builder?
By our definition, the “easiest website builder” is one that even beginners can use.
So what is the easiest website builder for beginners? It’s a platform that can be used right out of the box, has a minimal learning curve, offers numerous options for aesthetic customisation, as well as widgets and access to third-party apps to make a site more engaging without much effort on the part of the creators.
We can even extend the definition to include platforms that cost considerably less compared to more advanced, top-of-the-line builders or can be used for free. A free builder or one that offers more reasonable rates for users is a plus for people just starting their site creation journey and have little to no budget for a website.
What is the Easiest Website Builder for Beginners: Our Criteria
Our review of easy-to-use website builders is based on how each of these creation platforms performed in terms of several aspects. So what is the easiest website builder for beginners like?
- Ease of Use. An easy website builder free service enables beginners to create websites right off the bat without spending anything. With them, you don't need to spend hours learning the ins and outs of the platform. The user interface features tools right at one's fingertips;
- Features and functionality. We mentioned above that the UI needs to put the tools right where the user can see them. The UI also needs to include tools for social media connectivity, user engagement, and even ecommerce whenever necessary;
- Aesthetic flexibility. We're talking about a ton of themes and templates to create an eye-catching site with minimal effort and, if possible, equally minimal cost;
- Performance and resilience. What is the easiest website builder for beginners that's topnotch? These platforms have to answer the question of whether or not they offer hosting (which takes another headache out of the site creation/management process), how resilient they are, how fast sites load, and even whether or not technical support is available when users need it; and
- Value for money.
Top Easy Website Builders For Beginners in Detail:
Weebly – My Top Pick For Easy Website Builders For Beginners!!
What is the easiest website builder to use for beginners where what you see is what you get? That's Weebly and it gives users all the tools they need to create great-looking and engaging websites in a short span of time.
Weebly is part of Square Online, and that means you get an easy website builder free plan to use for smaller online stores or retailers that are making a foray into the online marketplace.
We also love the fact that you can use it for free and you get a lot of bells and whistles for site building.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop website builder;
- SEO toolkit;
- Ecommerce toolkit;
- In-platform applications marketplace for third-party integrations;
- Free SSL certificate; and
- Cloud-based hosting
Pros and Cons:
- Drag and drop interface allows for rapid-fire site creation;
- Offers a full-featured edition for free, as well as reasonably-priced subscription packages;
- Built-in security features to ensure a comfortable site creation and browsing experience
- Limited aesthetic options;
- Very limited range when it comes to SEO;
- Updates are sporadic at best
Weebly provides an easy website builder free service. However, if you want premium service, standard rates and packages are as follows:
A 30-day money back guarantee is applicable to all paid subscriptions. Therefore, users who aren't happy with the service can receive a full refund if they cancel their account within 30 days of activation or within 30 days of the service contract renewal.
Interested in Weebly to create a website? Then better understand their service terms before you subscribe.
What is the easiest website builder for beginners? Consider Squarespace.
We're looking at the gold standard where ecommerce builders are concerned, but it's also one of the best options in terms of design and aesthetic value.
Granted, Squarespace's builder is not the most intuitive nor the easiest website builder to set up. But it's a platform that brings a professional look to even the most basic-looking websites.
It's not a free and easy website builder (nor is it a free quick website builder given the learning curve), but it offers a smart and sensible way to create a powerful-looking site that is bound to help a business grow.
- Drag and drop site builder with built-in ecommerce capabilities;
- Over 100 industry-specific design templates;
- Built-in site customisation modules;
- Cloud-based hosting;
- Mobile application for editing or site management on the fly; and
- SEO toolkit
Pros and Cons:
- Specifically created for ecommerce site creation, not only for retailers but also for service providers;
- It's easy to create a professional-looking website thanks to its extensive range of industry-focused themes and templates;
- Award-winning technical support
- Not the easiest nor the most intuitive drag and drop builder in the business;
- Customisation isn't one of its strongest points;
- Not available to use for free, save for a 14 day trial period
Standard rates and packages are as follows:
Squarespace trial comes in 14 days of free testing of the Business Plan. Once the Squarespace trial expires and your account reverts to the “Personal” plan, any business plan progress will not be saved.
Raring to create your own website through Squarespace? Read through their terms of service before you commit.
Zyro is a great favourite as an easy site builder for beginners, and it's one of our top choices in terms of creative flexibility and blogging.
It's a platform that can be used right out of the box sans walkthrough and tutorials – plus, site management is a breeze thanks to great tech support as well as stable servers.
It offers a free plan, but even the premium plans are quite reasonably priced, making Zyro a perfect choice for cash-strapped creatives.
- Drag and drop website builder;
- Customisation toolkit;
- AI Writer for creating placeholder pages or quick content; and
- Basic ecommerce toolkit for small businesses
Pros and Cons:
- Really maximises artificial intelligence in its UI to make site building practically stress-free;
- Easy to use even without a tutorial;
- Offers a great ecommerce toolkit for smaller businesses
- Limited options when it comes to both functional and aesthetic customisation;
- You can't expect much when it comes to technical support;
- Not the easiest when it comes to back-end management
Standard rates and packages are as follows:
This Zyro website builder review is glad to report a 30-day money-back guarantee covers all plans.
Be sure to read Zyro's terms of service before you commit to anything.
WordPress.com has long been the choice of anyone who wants to create a website in the easiest manner possible. In fact, if you know how to use a word processor like MS Word, using WordPress.com is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
Admittedly, it isn't perfect, especially if you're using the free edition. But it's a great way to get yourself started on your personal site creation journey.
- CMS site creator / editor;
- Integrated news and blogging function;
- Post scheduling feature;
- Responsive web design;
- Shared hosting;
- Extensive selection of functional plugins; and
- Numerous aesthetic / design options
Pros and Cons:
- Secure hosting already integrated into your account;
- Sites created with the platform are already SEO- and mobile-ready;
- The easiest CMS-driven site builder to use
- Customisation can prove to be an expensive endeavour as you need to pay for the best templates and plugins;
- High vulnerability when it comes to hacking and DDoS attacks;
- Can be a bit too basic for more advanced users
A 14-day money-back guarantee applies to all paid subscriptions.
Interested in using WordPress to create a website? Be sure to check out their service terms before you subscribe.
Carrd promises users that they will be able to create a great-looking digital calling card in no time. This point-and-click site builder has become increasingly popular as more and more people are making their online presence felt. It stands out from its competitors because of its straightforward single-page websites.
So if you're wondering what is the easiest builder to use for beginners wanting a digital calling card? Then, then the answer is Carrd.
- Easy website builder free of charge;
- The free plan lets you build three pages;
- Point and click page builder
- Quota of 100 element per page;
- Online stock image gallery.
- 56 free templates and themes;
- Social media widgets.
Pros and Cons:
- One of the easiest website builder free to use
- Up to 3 single-page websites under the free plan
- Mobile-optimised pages
- No eCommerce or blogging function
- Some elements are not available for use;
- Site creation capacity is limited.
What is the easiest website builder for beginners looking to build an online portfolio? Carrd is an easy website builder free of charge for those who have limited resources. For paid plans, here are the prices:
While the Basic plan is free, Carrd does not offer a free trial for its Pro packages. Both full and partial refunds issued for voluntary termination of a Pro plan or downgrades from Pro Plus or Max to a less expensive plan are all subject to the company's discretion.
If you're interested in learning more about Carrd, read their service terms.
The thing about GoDaddy is that it's a hybrid, combining an easy website builder with a top-notch hosting service.
Like several of its contemporaries, GoDaddy offers the easiest website builder for beginners: it's highly intuitive and gets your work done in just minutes. GoDaddy is also one of the quickest website builders to set up either online or on your desktop, as well as one of the most affordable – a great plus for small business owners looking for an easy website builder to use.
However, functionality is not GoDaddy's strongest point as an easy website builder. It also has less themes and templates for creating a visually stunning website.
- Two creation platforms: AI-driven site creation and conventional drag-and-drop interface;
- Mobile app for editing on the fly;
- Ecommerce tools for beginners;
- Built-in SEO and analytics solutions; and
- Online marketing solution
Pros and Cons:
- One of the easiest platforms to set up for work;
- Offers a range of solutions for personalised marketing, SEO, and analytics;
- Secure hosting and free SSL certificates for one's site
- Fewer options for improving functionality and appearance compared to its competitors;
- Doesn't have its own online app store or marketplace;
- Ecommerce toolkit of this easy website builder is only available for premium users
If you're asking “what is the easiest website builder for builders going to cost me?”
Standard rates and packages are as follows:
GoDaddy eCommerce website offers a 30-day free trial, that is twice what most eCommerce platforms provide!
Do you think you can work with GoDaddy – read their service terms before giving it a go.
If you need a platform that offers two ways for building a website, you've come to the right place. Wix presents a two-pronged approach to site creation: one involving a conventional drag and drop builder, and an artificial intelligence (AI)-driven sub-platform.
Users do not need any knowledge whatsoever to build their sites using Wix. In the AI approach (referred to in-platform as WIX Artificial Design Intelligence or WIX ADI), all you need to do is fill in the blanks to set your parameters, and the system generates your website in less than five minutes.
On the other hand, the drag and drop approach gives users the freedom to express themselves. The platform becomes both playground and blank canvas thanks to an extensive range of tools and features to create an engaging site experience for visitors.
We also find it the easiest site builder to use for companies making the shift from brick and mortar to the online marketplace.
- WIX ADI;
- Conventional drag-and-drop builder;
- Social media connectivity;
- SEO tool suite; and
- Ecommerce tool suite
Pros and Cons:
- Easy to use from the get-go;
- Offers two site creation methods that have a minimal learning curve;
- 24/7 technical assistance and an extensive knowledge base for online reference
- If you aren't happy with your template, you can't revert the design and you'll have to start over;
- Users can easily get overwhelmed by the number of features available to them and they can easily get lost or frustrated;
- If you're on the free edition, the number of banner and pop-up ads can be distracting
Standard rates and pricing for website builder and hosting packages are as follows:
There's easy, and then there's Jimdo-easy. Jimdo is our choice for the easiest website builder for beginners because you can use it right out of the gate without tutorials or walkthroughs.
The UI is a no-brainer that allows for rapid site creation using AI (similar to WIX ADI): set your parameters and away you go. The in-platform gallery is stocked with both static images and audiovisual files for enhancing your website.
But here's our issue with Jimdo: it's a bit too basic for our tastes and this easy website builder lacks the functionality we've come to appreciate in older builders like Wix and Weebly. We're also concerned that it may not be the strongest in terms of performance and resilience; Jimdo sites tend to load slower than those built and / or hosted on other platforms.
- Jimdo Dolphin, an AI-driven site builder similar in principle to WIX ADI;
- Jimdo creative gallery for static images and multimedia files;
- Extensive SEO toolkit; and
- Well-curated knowledge base and 24/7 technical support
Pros and Cons:
- The easiest to use right out of the box thanks to its AI-driven platform;
- Even users on free plans get ample storage and bandwidth;
- All websites are optimised for mobile devices
- Doesn't give users creative freedom due to a lack of themes and templates;
- Very few solutions for ecommerce;
- Slower loading speeds
What is the easiest website builder for beginners' cost? For Jimdo, standard rates and packages of are as follows:
The terms of service page states you can cancel your service contract and receive a full refund within 14 days of your initial purchase.
If you're interested in getting Jimdo as your simple website builder, make sure to read their service terms.
GoogleSites (the only 100% free website builder with unlimited bandwidth and storage)
Without a doubt, GoogleSites is one of the best easy website builder free options for beginners.
Who doesn't use Google these days? Whether emailing, archiving, or preparing presentations and spreadsheets, you know Google gets things done. And now, they can help you a simple website through their easy website builder free service GoogleSites.
What sets this apart from other easy website builder free services is that it's completely ad-free. There will be zero annoying ads to disturb your website unlike those offered by Wix, Weebly, or GoDaddy. However, you'll have to manage your expectations with this website builder – it doesn't have the extensive range of templates or features as others on our list.
- Just nine templates available
- Seamless integration with Google Workspace/Suite;
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Media search from YouTube and Google
- Five custom URLs offered
Pros and Cons:
- Extremely ease of use
- Integration with Google Suite gives a boost on online productivity
- Handy image and media search
- Easy website builder free plan, but limited functionality
- Thin template options
- No live support
Okay, so what is the easiest website builders for beginners?
GoogleSites is it – it's so simple that it's a no-brainer to use. It's an easy website builder free to use for any Google user. No premium plans are offered so you're offered a very limited selection of templates and features, unfortunately.
If you're interested, read their service terms before giving it a go.
Our Conclusion and Recommendations for the easiest website builder for beginners?
So what is the easiest website builder for beginners to use? Any of these are easy enough even for beginners, but Weebly really takes the cake when it comes to ease of use. While it is the most basic when it comes to features and functionality, we note that it is an easy site builder that can have your site up and running in minutes.
What is the easiest website builder for beginners to use for blogging?
It's a toss-up between WordPress and Jimdo. If you know how to use a word processing software, these are great to use right out of the box.
Is there a platform that makes storefront building easy for beginners?
While Wix and Weebly have ecommerce options that are quick to set up, Squarespace is a great way to create a site that can be scaled appropriately as your business grows.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this easiest website builder guide, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what is the easiest website builder for beginners! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Please share any comments below!