Table of Contents
- 1 Duda: Best for white label & multi-lingual
- 2 Introduction: What is Duda all about?
- 3 Overview: Those In Need Of A Comprehensive Multilingual Website Will Find Duda Fits The Bill
- 4 Ease of Use:
- 5 Features and Flexibility:
- 6 eCommerce Tools:
- 7 SEO and Mobility:
- 8 Support and Resources:
- 9 Duda Pricing:
- 10 Conclusion and Recommendations:
Duda: Best for white label & multi-lingual
- Ideal for multilingual websites: The Duda website builder is extremely powerful for those in need of a multilingual website.
- Easy to use editor: The Duda website drag and drop editor is very easy to use.
- Personalisation tools for your website: Not to be under-estimated. These tools allow you to send specific messages to visitors and can be based on such things as time of day and location.
- Solid back-up and restore: In the event you want to make major changes to your Duda website, you simply create a back-up and restore your site from this if something goes wrong.
- Editor’s tip: Excellent for those small businesses in search of a multilingual website
- Restricted theme choice: The selection of themes is sufficient, however, once you have chosen a theme you cannot change it. Choose carefully!
- Expensive: When compared to other builders the Duda website builder is more expensive. There really is no ‘free’ plan. Although you do get a free 30-day ‘no strings attached’ trial period.
- No app store: While you can still add functions such as ‘booking’ or ‘live chat’ this needs to be done manually. There is no app store offering additional features.
- No blog or product multilingual function:While the multilingual capabilities for your website is up there with the best web builders, multilingual tools are not available for your ecommerce products or blog articles.
Introduction: What is Duda all about?
Previously known as DudaOne, the newly branded Duda website builder may still not be the best-known out there but if longevity is anything to go by then it is certainly worthy of consideration.
Overview: Those In Need Of A Comprehensive Multilingual Website Will Find Duda Fits The Bill
Introduced in 2008 the company specialises in Dudamobile responsive websites and is certainly mobile website friendly, but this Duda website builder review will go a step further and also concentrate on the full Duda responsive website building platform.
Due to the Dudamobile roots of the company it should be made clear that whatever device your visitors view your website from it will be fully responsive and Dudamobile website friendly.
Ease of Use:
The Duda platform menu is intuitive and straightforward. When in editor mode you will get previews immediately as well as structured previews for various screen viewing. This includes the DudaMobile viewing option.
Features and Flexibility:
The Duda website builder offers a wide choice of modern template designs. If you are an advanced user you can choose an empty template and work from scratch. All designs are optimised so Duda mobile visitors to your site will receive good responsiveness during viewing.
When editing your site, you have previews of how it looks from all device types.
Our review must say that those looking for a true multilingual site will find this platform a major plus. The capability is available on all plans, uses a folder system and supports all major languages (including Asian characters).
Analysis is very important for any website and the Duda cms includes an analysis tool although many will settle for using the Google Analytics tool for this function.
If you intend selling online through your online store then using the DudaOne website platform will mean you do so through their ecommerce add-ons solution which is based around the online shop system delivered by Ecwid. Whichever Duda subscription plan you use comes with the ability to sell 100 products. Those companies selling more than 100 products can upgrade by stepping up their monthly subscription plan.
SEO and Mobility:
Our Duda website builder review has already mentioned that this platform was initially built with mobile devices in mind. You can be assured that Duda is mobile friendly.
In terms of SEO the Duda website builder platform can help to maximise SEO for your site. Duda will SSL-encrypt your website (which Google likes!) and fast loading pages will please visitors.
Support and Resources:
Our Duda website builder review must state that unless you are on the highest (most expensive) plan that support and resources are arguably nowhere near as comprehensive as other web builders out there.
Those subscribing to the basic plan will only have email support and FAQ access. Telephone support is however available but only to those on the Team plan or higher.
Our Duda website builder review has to say that when compared to other website builders out there this is a long way from being the cheapest option. This will clearly be seen from the prices below which include the dudapro version:
Take note there is NO free plan available but you can take a free 30-day trial before upgrading to duda pro if you like it.
All prices below are per month when paying on an annual basis. Domain not included:
- Basic: Gives use of your own domain name and allows creation of multilingual websites
- Team: Allows you to build an online store with 10 products or more
- Agency: With this Duda pricing option you can create a maximum of 8 websites with ten team members
E-Commerce is then an add-on per site;
Duda pricing options used to include a Site for Life option but unfortunately this has now been removed from the site. However if you are interested in this option our Duda website builder review recommends you get in touch with the platform. We have heard that this can still be negotiated.
Conclusion and Recommendations:
What is it best used for?
Previously known as DudaOne; we feel that this builder will fit small/medium size website needs that wish to reach a multi-lingual audience.
The template designs are good and easily customisable (you do not need programming skills to achieve this), but we need to reiterate, one you have chosen your DudaOne website theme you cannot change it. Another plus is the Dudamobile functuality and the website personalisation tool. This is a worthy addition to any website.
While there will undoubtedly be interest in the above offers, those who are still unsure as to whether this pricing plan structure will fit their immediate and future needs, it is recommended that you also review other Website Builders and eCommerce platforms to achieve a comprehensive understanding of what is out there. The Dudaone website pricing is a little too high when compared to other builders out there like Wix, Squarespace and Weebly. For those looking to engage in eCommerce activities from the onset then Shopify should also be on your radar.
It is important to bear in mind that the 1and1 MyWebsite offering from the German giant Ionos is really the same product and should be seen as a ‘white-label’ version of the Duda website builder. For this giant to take on Duda as their builder platform over other platforms on the market surely says something and we can see why!
So, if you are in real need of a multi-lingual website for your international audience our Duda website builder review recommends you take a very close look at this web builder with a free 30 day free trial
That’s all for now:
Thanks for reading our Duda website builder review. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for our ever-growing blog of review and comparison articles of eCommerce platforms, SEO software, screen capture tools, webinar and conferencing software, education platforms, best website builders, and more such as;
Please share any comments below!