What cheap Windows server hosting is your best bet? Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The most affordable and best Windows hosting for us is AccuWebHosting.
Introduction to Cheap Windows Server Hosting:
Welcome to our guide to Cheap Windows Server Hosting.
Sometimes, the successful maintenance of one’s website is dependent on finding a hosting provider running a particular operating system. For most people, Linux-centric hosting services are the platforms of choice. But some prefer to run Windows as their operating system of choice and they may be on the lookout for a reliable hosting service that meets their requirements. However, the turnoff is that it can get pricey as Microsoft commands a hefty price for the use of licensed software.
That’s where our cheap Windows hosting review comes in. Many services offer Windows hosting or Linux hosting. In today’s review of the best Windows hosting services, we’ll see if there are any options that will work for those with a limited budget or who simply need a simple, user-friendly service that more than gets the job done.
Finding the Best Cheap Windows Hosting
Windows hosting is, quite simply, a site hosting service that makes use of Windows as its operating system. It is the most compatible solution for those whose websites utilize Windows tools and languages like ASP.NET or Microsoft Exchange.
Keep in mind, however, that using Windows tools is completely different from having Windows as the default OS on your computer; that said, you don't have to use a Windows-centric hosting service just because it's the OS you have.
One key challenge when it comes to Windows hosting is that not many providers offer it; in which case, one can easily refer to Windows hosting as a niche market within the greater industry. But there are those who provide the service, and we will show the top five providers in today's review.
Our List of the Best Cheap Windows Hosting Services:
Our top choices for the best cheap Windows server hosting are as follows:
AccuWebHosting – $3.49 per month
GoDaddy – $3.99 per month
HostGator – $4.76 per month
1&1 IONOS– $5.00 per month
LiquidWeb – $65 per month
How We Chose the Best Cheap Windows Server Hosting:
There are several aspects we looked at in the process of shortlisting our top five cheap Windows server hosting services. These are the following:
- Server reliability as reliable and consistent uptimes are crucial for the success of your website. Likewise, measures should be in place to monitor, quarantine, and/or eliminate threats that could keep the server from functioning properly;
- Online security, particularly against hackers and denial of service attacks. Necessary measures should include round-the-clock network monitoring as well as DDoS protection;
- Compatibility with software and applications as not all cheap Windows servers are compatible with the full gamut of tools you need to keep your site up and running;
- 24/7 customer / technical support to handle everything from minor issues to serious problems that could compromise the integrity/reliability of your website; and
- Value for money as you will want an optimal cheap Windows server host without breaking the bank.
Our Best Cheap Windows Server Hosting Services in Detail:
Now let's kick off our short review of each cheap Windows server hosting providers, starting with AccuWebHosting.
AccuWebHosting is a US feature-stacked hosting provider with nearly two decades of experience in the hosting space. With a 95% customer satisfaction rating, it enjoys the trust of its customers for a variety of its hosting services: shared, fully managed, and self-managed hosting. Moreover, its reputation has been bolstered by the fact that it also provides some of the most reasonably priced hosting plans currently available.
It offers the lowest rates for a cheap Windows server that we know of – that's why it occupies the top of our list.
- Free MSSQL Server
- 500 MB Database Storage
- MariaDB 10.5.x 10
- SQL Server Management Studio Support
- SQL Database Tuning Advisor
- Microsoft Visual Studio Integration
- Native XML Support,Full Text and Semantic Serach
- Secure web-based MariaDB login from phpMyAdmin
- Windows Server 2016
- Supports – ASP.Net Frameworks 4.x, 3.x & 2.x, ASP.Net Core 6.x, 5.x, 3.x, 2.x & 1.x, ASP.Net MVC 5 & 4
- PHP 8.x, 7.x
- ASP.NET AJAX
Pros and Cons:
- Great pricing and they don't jack the rates up when it's time to renew your subscription;
- Excellent uptime and loading speed;
- Expert technical support
- Sites hosted on the lowest tier plans have trouble with heavy traffic;
- Phone-based tech support for this cheap Windows server hosting is not as efficient as online support
This cheap Windows hosting service offers good value for money, with price ranges as follows:
If you're interested in this best Windows hosting provider that's the cheapest in the market, go with AccuWebHosting. However, be sure to read their service terms before buying.
Savings of up to 33% in the first year of use? Why sign us up! This is the promise that long-time hosting stalwart GoDaddy offers its users thanks to some of the most reasonably priced plans in the industry.
Along with almost criminally low prices for Windows hosting, GoDaddy also offers users an array of unlimited perks including bandwidth, storage, and websites – but these all depend on the type of subscription you opt for. Likewise, one-click installation of builder ware and domains are part of the package.
What we don't like about GoDaddy, however, is that some features prepackaged by other hosting platforms into their standard offerings must be paid for separately. Site backup and restoration features are a good example – and it could be more than a little inconvenient for users.
Depending on the plan you opt for, key features of GoDaddy Windows hosting are as follows:
- From one (Economy) to an unlimited number of websites per user;
- Microsoft 2019 Servers;
- Disk space from 100GB to unmetered;
- Unmetered bandwidth across all plans
- Unlimited MySQL and MSSQL databases and FTP users for those on the Ultimate plan;
- 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection, as well as constantly updated security patching;
- Premium website backup;
- One-click installation of several website / ecommerce builders, including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal;
- One-click domain installation for domains registered with the platform; and
- 1 Year use of Office 365 email with 5GB dedicated storage.
Pros and Cons:
- Free installation of your website or storefront builder of choice;
- Offers some of the lowest priced plans available;
- Tight security measures
- Some features are only available for premium users;
- You lose access to Office 365 if you don’t opt for the auto-renew option;
- Domain installation only offered for those registered with GoDaddy
Price range runs between $3.99 and $12.99 monthly.
If you think want to buy cheap Windows server hosting with GoDaddy, make sure to scrutinise their terms of service beforehand.
If you're looking for a Windows hosting service with maximum flexibility, HostGator may just be the provider for you. HostGator offers subscription plans to suit just about everyone from shared hosting for individual users to very large enterprises requiring their own dedicated servers.
Likewise, the word “unlimited” applies where this particular hosting service is concerned as even personal plans are given the ability to create unlimited emails and subdomains. Disk space and bandwidth are also beyond conventional limits.
- Operational software for this cheap Windows server hosting includes Windows Server 2008 R2, ASP.NET to v4.5, Access Databases 2007 and 2010, PHP 5.2.17, PHP 5.3, and MSSQL Server 2008 R2 Web Edition;
- Runs Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014 Express, IIS 8.5, and ASP.NET 2.0 to 4.6 for dedicated server plans;
- Unlimited email and subdomain creation;
- Unlimited Microsoft SQL and MySQL; and
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
Pros and Cons:
- Offers cheap Windows server hosting for personal users at a very low price;
- Allows users to create as many email addresses and subdomains as they require;
- Bandwidth and disk space are unlimited
- Plan offerings appear outdated compared to the competition;
- Later versions of software are only offered to those opting for dedicated server hosting;
- Only allows one website per user in the Personal tier
Personal hosting for this cheap Windows hosting service is priced as low at $4.76 monthly, while the Enterprise plan begins at $14.36 a month.
1&1 IONOS is the best Windows hosting service perfect for those on a budget bind.
Another thing we like about this cheap Windows hosting option is that it offers some of the best customer support services of any hosting provider online and their team even offers to help users improve their site performance – something that many Windows Server beginners ought to look into.
- Five SQL databases with an individual capacity of 1GB each;
- ASP.NET Ajax and 4.7;
- MVC 3, 4, and 5;
- Runs Windows Server 2019, SSI with dedicated app pools, and SQL Import;
- Free domain and SSL certificate;
- Unlimited bandwidth;
- 100GB storage at the most basic;
- Automated daily backups; and
- Up to 25 email addresses at the most basic
Pros and Cons:
- One of the most reasonably-priced Windows hosting options;
- Offers a free domain name and ample storage;
- Great customer support
- Prices tend to double on renewal;
- Can be very basic in terms of functionality;
- Limited disk space compared to others
Basic subscription starts at $5.00 monthly in the first year, then goes up to $10.00 a month from the second year onwards. Expert plans, on the other hand, start at $10.00 monthly, then double to $20.00 in the second year onwards.
Do you want to buy cheap Windows hosting with 1&1 IONOS? Be sure to read their terms and conditions before deciding on a subscription.
If you're on the lookout for the best Windows hosting services, consider LiquidWeb.
One of the most popular corporate- and enterprise-grade hosting solutions, LiquidWeb offers some of the most powerful hosting tools for those with a preference for Windows.
Touting itself as the world's fastest managed VPS hosting service, its services include cloud VPS tools with a reputation for scalability and consistently good performance, as well as private cloud servers for larger organizations.
LiquidWeb also offers top notch technical assistance through several channels as well as a service level agreement that assures users of 100% uptime.
- This best Windows hosting option runs Windows Server 2019;
- Runs SQL Server 2014 and 2016 Express;
- Gigabit transfer;
- Unlimited websites per account;
- Security suite with DDoS shield;
- Cloudflare content delivery network (CDN); and
- Hosting via data centers either in the United States or the European Union.
Pros and Cons:
- This cheap Windows hosting service offers excellent server scalability and performance;
- Multi-channel customer service that is online 24/7;
- Packs on a lot of value-added services that would be expensive add-ons on other platforms
- The bulk of its service offerings were developed for business users;
- Charges Windows licensing fees on top of your subscription;
- Enterprise-level customers are not offered discounts by this best Windows hosting service.
The price range for Liquid Web cheap Windows server plans are as follows:
Make sure to read the service terms of this best Windows hosting provider before you commit to anything.
Conclusion and Recommendations for the Best Cheap Windows Server:
Now, to wrap up this review of the best Windows hosting provider;
A lot of people tend to shy away from Windows hosting as you need to pay some hefty fees to use authentic Windows and Windows Server software. Any of the solutions presented here in this review offer significant value for money.
That said, we recommend AccuWebHosting as the best cheap Windows hosting provider. Moreover, other alternatives like GoDaddy, Hostgator, 1&1 IONOS, and LiquidWeb. If none of our recommendations appeal to you, we suggest looking into each of them and see which one suits your specific hosting needs.
Which is the cheapest in terms of Windows hosting?
AccuWebhosting Windows hosting pricing starts at $3.49 monthly, making it the cheapest Windows hosting server in this review.
Are there any options that run the latest edition of Windows Server?
Those would be GoDaddy which runs the latest iteration of the serverware, and 1&1 IONOS which runs Windows Server 2019.
I’m concerned about online security, seeing how I keep reading about hacking and DDoS attacks lately. Which of these has the best security suite?
LiquidWeb offers the most comprehensive security suite and covers everything from scanning for malware, placing a firewall, and shielding against hackers and denials of service.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best windows hosting guide, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what are the best cheap Windows hosting options! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
- Top 6 Cheap Windows VPS Hosting
- Top 10 Cheap Website Builders UK
- 18 Best Cheap eCommerce Website Builder
- 5 Cheap Domain and Hosting Services
- Cheap WordPress Hosting UK 2022: Our Top 7 Picks
Please share any comments below!