As more and more consumers turn to their smartphones and tablets to shop online, it's important for businesses to optimize their websites for mobile devices. By making sure that your website is responsive, easy to navigate, and loaded with compelling content, you can improve the user experience and drive more sales. In this article, we'll provide 5 tips to help you boost your sales through mobile optimisation.
5 Mobile Optimization Tips:
1. Responsive Design
It has been repeatedly said for a few years now, that having a mobile-friendly website is a necessity in 2016. One of the most prevalent ways of accomplishing this is with responsive design. Responsive design allows for the website to dynamically adjust fitting the size of the device or browser that it is being opened on. We urge all our clients and potential clients that their site should be mobile-friendly and can be tested easily by using any of the free tools available including the “Mobile Friendly Test” from Google.
Advantages for the users
- Provides access on the move to your website’s content as well as services.
- Offers users big buttons and text on mobile devices.
- Helps to make payments and contact form filling on mobile devices easier.
Advantages for the website owner or developer
- Streamlines codebase as there would be only one website to manage.
- Decreases load times because the is no need for redirection.
2. Mobile Web Design
While you design your website for desktops, think about how it would look on mobile as well. Your site has to engage the user instantly, as well as give them easy to find alternatives to interact with a simple site navigation. Studies have revealed that by default the maximum number of users is scrolling almost at once after landing on the page.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Keep the main navigation uncomplicated
- 3-5 main points
- Create all main navigation points with link to their landing pages
- Hide third-level navigation from dropdown menu – eliminate intricacy
- Be task-centric
- Mull over what is the most vital tasks for your audience
- Your company’s contact information is the crucial task such as phone number, email, address. Put these at the front and make them easily visible on mobile
- Do not use Flash.
- Keep your Design fresh.
- Use whitespace to put in emphasis to your believed abstractions.
- Provide useful and interactive content.
- Expand Panels, use Animations, Rotators, etc.
3. Mobile Advertising
Advertising, particularly for mobile devices, is an amazing way to touch-base new customers. It is advised experimenting with Google AdWords’ text ads and/or video pre-roll in 2016. Using AdWords you can target and rule out keywords, demographics, categories, interests and more. Moreover, you only have to reimburse when a watcher clicks or watches your ad.
4. Mobile SEO
Did you know that 50% of local searches are performed on mobile devices (Search Engine Land)? Because of this, your mobile marketing plan requires search engine optimisation (SEO) methods of its own. To rank in Google’s good books, optimise your site for local search with the following tips:
- Your contact number and addresses must be visible in a mobile format.
- Use local phrases and keywords all through your site content, meta descriptions and page titles.
- Add localized terms along with the descriptions of the services you offer.
- Ask customers how they could reach you.
Geolocation means the act of targeting your customers by their location. This can count in check-in apps like Foursquare, Facebook, push notifications, as well as local searches.
Here are some of the ideas to help you start with geolocation:
- Geo Marketing: Display advertisements or location-based information to sell your services.
- Exclusive Offers: Provide special offers in store sales, coupons or discounts that are only available when a customer checks in at your store.
- Ensure that your business is dynamically present on Facebook, Yelp, Google+ (MyBusiness), FourSquare, and other location-based services.
The message we want to give is crystal clear: If your business is deprived of a strong mobile strategy then you need to put a halt at what you are doing and optimize for mobile first so you can perform with full vigor and adopt the mobile wave all the way in.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this article, we are thankful. We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;