Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The best drag and drop website builder WordPress software for most people is Seedprod.
Introduction to the Best Drag and Drop Website Builder For WordPress:
Welcome to our guide for the best drag and drop website builder wordpress.
Drag and drop website builders have revolutionised the way we create spaces and hubs for our work, ourselves, and our businesses online. Having such a tool at one’s fingertips has made things so much easier. It allows users to create their sites in mere minutes to grab the attention of their core markets.
There have been are a number of proprietary or commercially available site builders that have developed a following over the years. However, there are those who want to tweak the very code in order to create truly unique websites that capture their corporate or brand philosophy and aesthetic. Specifically, these drag and drop builders are also designed for WordPress.
These are some of the best drag and drop website builder WordPress software: software packages designed for your WordPress site.
While well-known developers promise to be the best WordPress drag and drop builder, the real top-of-the-line options have actually been flying under the radar for some time.
These are the players we are featuring in today’s review: the best drag and drop website builder WordPress for this year that will truly make site creation a truly custom endeavour.
Our List of the Best Drag and Drop Website Builder WordPress Software:
In a nutshell, our top choices for the best WordPress drag and drop builder include:
- SeedProd – overall best drag and drop website builder for WordPress. (My Top Pick!)
- Divi Builder – best for multilingual sites
- Beaver Builder – best drag and drop WordPress website builder for beginners
- Elementor – best in functionality
- Visual Composer – highly versatile drag and drop builder for WordPress
Read on below to find an up-close and personal look at each of our contenders for the best WordPress drag and drop builder.
Quick Comparison Table of the Best Drag and Drop Website Builder WordPress Software
|Rank & Platform||Main Features||Ease of Use||Customisation||Templates||Customer Support||Pricing||My View||Try for Free|
|1. SeedProd (My Top Pick!)||Coming soon & maintenance mode pages, landing page templates, drag & drop page builder||Easy for beginners||High customisation options||Wide range of templates||Limited for free version||Starts at $39.50/year||Best for creating quick landing or coming soon pages||Try For Free|
|2. Divi Builder||Real-time design, customizable UI, responsive editing||Moderate learning curve||High customisation options||20+ layout templates||Via Elegant Themes membership||Starts at $89/year||Best for designers needing deep customization and control||Try For Free|
|3. Beaver Builder||Frontend drag & drop builder, responsive design, import/export||Easy for beginners||High customization options||30+ landing & content page templates||Premium support with paid version||Starts at $99/year||Best for beginners wanting an easy-to-use, powerful builder||Try For Free|
|4. Elementor||Drag & drop live editor, responsive design, template library||Easy for beginners||High customisation options||300+ designer-made templates||Limited for free version||Starts at $49/year||Best for beginners and professionals wanting a versatile builder||Try For Free|
|5. Visual Composer||Drag & drop editor, responsive design, template management||Moderate learning curve||High customisation options||100+ templates||Premium support with license||Free, premium starts at $49/year||Best for those needing a flexible and powerful tool, but with a learning curve||Try For Free|
Why Choose Drag and Drop Website Builder WordPress Software?
If you've ever been a beginner in blogging, then you know that customising WordPress page layouts can be daunting. Sure, there are several WordPress themes developed, but they require a skill set, specifically writing code in HTML or CSS.
Therefore, users have been clamoring for an easier alternative: how to get the best WordPress drag and drop builder software. Why the interest in the best drag and drop builder for WordPress? Well, in a nutshell, it's a walk in the park to get your hands on a drag and drop builder. They can let anyone create a customised website for WordPress with zero code knowledge. Plus, it's all the rage these days. Wix is drag and drop – and it's easily the most popular site builder in the market now.
So the bottom line when answering the question, “Why choose a drag and drop builder for WordPress?” Simply put, it makes things more efficient for even the ordinary user. So in this best drag and drop builder for WordPress review, we are presenting some of the best WordPress plugins available for free and at a premium price to help you create a WordPress site with minimal effort.
That said, have a read at some of the best drag and drop builder for WordPress!
How We Chose the Best Drag and Drop Website Builders WordPress Software:
We compiled our list of the best WordPress drag and drop builders based on how each of these creation platforms performed in terms of the following aspects:
- Ease of use – we know that the term drag and drop automatically means easy to use, but we evaluated how much of a learning curve is involved in each best WordPress drag and drop builder candidate;
- Features and functionality – not all of the best drag and drop builder for WordPress have the exact same features, so it's best to know what each of them offers;
- Aesthetic flexibility – WordPress' main attraction is its flexibility, so we evaluated each of the best drag and drop builder for WordPress option on how customisable themes and layouts are;
- Performance and resilience – how reliable is the candidate for the best drag and drop builder WordPress software?
- Value for money – does the best WordPress drag and drop builder offer bang for your buck? Does it have a free version?
Our Best Drag and Drop Website Builder WordPress in Detail:
Next up: take a look at our evaluation of why each best drag and drop builder for WordPress option stands out.
1. SeedProd – My Top Pick for Best Drag and Drop Website Builder WordPress!!!
First on our list of the best drag and drop builders for WordPress: Seedprod.
Some people may find the inclusion of SeedProd in this list somewhat surprising as it is best known as more of an open-source plugin that enables WordPress users to create unique and engaging landing pages. But hear us out: the pages you create with SeedProd actually produce strong results and conversions.
What we love about it is the extensive number of templates you can use to create a truly eye-catching and engaging landing page that is bound to turn site visitors into customers. There are currently over 100 available and they are all mobile-ready, meaning that your site will be great to look at and click through on either a desktop or a smaller screen.
- Easy to use, so it ticks the box for being one of the best drag and drop builder for WordPress;
- Over 100 themed templates;
- Seamless integration with auto-responders;
- Built-in capability for social media sharing; and
- Optimised spam protection
- Created to have a drag and drop interface that is beginner-friendly;
- Excellent email and online marketing integrations;
- Great website and email security, getting this best drag and drop builder for WordPress high ratings on performance and resilience
- The tool suite of this WordPress drag and drop page builder is not as well-equipped as those of proprietary builders like Elementor or Wix
Price range of this best drag and drop website builder WordPress software runs starts at $39.50 annually
Next on our list of the best drag and drop builder for WordPress is Divi!
Developed by the same team behind Elegant Themes, Divi touts itself as the best drag and drop builder for WordPress – and for good reason. A single license enables users to create an unlimited number of websites under their account. Moreover, the drag and drop on website builder itself is intuitive, enabling even the most clueless of site creators to put up a website in next to no time at all. However, it does not have a drag and drop WordPress theme builder free version, unlike WP Bakery Page.
Another key selling point for Divi is that it seamlessly integrates with WordPress’ WooCommerce ecommerce plugin to create engaging online stores in a variety of industries.
- SEO-driven blogging tools available in this best drag and drop website builder WordPress software;
- Contact and opt-in form creation modules;
- Analytics; and
- Extensive marketing toolkit
- Sucuri-certified secure theme coding;
- Offers A/B testing / staging to ensure that all details are in place prior to deploying your website;
- Multilingual and 24/7 ATL technical support
- Shortcode lock-in which means you may have trouble editing pages should you opt out of Divi in favour of a different site builder
Annual subscription of this best drag and drop website builder WordPress plugin is priced at $89, but it would be more advantageous to opt for a lifetime subscription at $249 one-time payment
After Seedprod and Divi, we have BeaverBuilder as one of the top contenders for best drag and drop website builder WordPress software!
Considered one of the original page builders in the industry, BeaverBuilder prides itself on a highly feature-rich drag and drop interface that makes it such a joy to work with. This particular builder literally takes all the guesswork out of site creation as you certainly don’t need to know HTML to use it and you don’t need a separate preview function – you can literally see how your page is going to look even while you’re working on it.
Many site owners prefer BeaverBuilder not only because it’s so easy to use, but it's also a best drag and drop builder for WordPress option. It integrates beautifully with other WordPress plugins like WooCommerce and Jetpack to offer a very good site creation experience for its users. Best of all, sites are already SEO-friendly and optimised for mobile interaction as soon as they go online.
- Drag and drop on website page building suite;
- Import / export feature;
- Landing and content page templates;
- Client editor mode; and
- Extensive selection of shortcodes and widgets
- Full front-end editing ability available for this drag and drop on website builder;
- WordPress widgets may be deployed in the builder’s blocks;
- Lowest learning curve of any open source drag and drop interface builder
- Has less in the way of templates than most of its competitors;
- Can be a bit pricey, making it a difficult option for those on a limited budget;
- Ironically, you can’t add custom CSS coding to modules to this best drag and drop website builder WordPress option
Price range of this best WordPress drag and drop builder runs between $99 and $399 annually
There are many who say that Elementor is a gold standard – but not necessarily the gold standard – when it comes to the best drag and drop website builder WordPress options. Not surprising as it’s a site builder which has some of the most useful features in any software currently available.
Elementor is a builder that plays well with others – which is to say it works wonderfully with WordPress’ more popular plugins and sub-building suites. Plus, working with it is practically headache-free even for novice users.
We also appreciate that it’s one of the few on our list of best WordPress drag and drop builder that actually offers a free-for-life version – a nifty thing for those facing budgetary constraints.
- Live drag and drop interface editor;
- Responsive page design;
- Extensive selection of both basic and professional templates;
- Website kits;
- Proprietary theme builder; and
- Site hosting for those on premium subscriptions
- One of the easiest site builders to use right out of the box;
- Exceptional functionality in a number of aspects including creative flexibility and ecommerce;
- Highly responsive design that adapts to any screen
- Sites created with the platform tend to suffer from a lag whilst loading;
- Customer and technical support tend to be sketchy at best;
- Major / large-scale updates tend to foul up one’s work
- One of few best WordPress drag and drop builder free version available
- Basic version of this best WordPress drag and drop builder is offered for free;
- End-to-end site building solution priced at $89 annually;
- Elementor Pro plans range between $49 and $999 annually
Visual Composer is one of the best WordPress drag and drop builder that appears to be quite underrated. This despite the fact that an increasing number of users find it to be an excellent choice for highly responsive website design and SEO-ready site creation. Unlike many of the options we have explored in this review, Visual Composer may be used to create websites outside the WordPress platform.
Its front-end page editor isn’t the only thing that makes it stand out, though it is one of the easiest to use and most features-heavy builders currently available. But we also have to mention at this point the plugin and third-party app options available through its cloud-hosted virtual marketplace, the Visual Composer Hub.
- Drag and drop interface site builder/editor;
- Visual Composer hub;
- Responsive design;
- Theme builder;
- Design suite; and
- Developers’ toolkit
- Neat and well-designed drag and drop interface allows for maximum ease of use;
- Takes considerably less time to build or generate a functional website;
- Offers numerous options for customisation
- Technical support via community forum can be bewildering to find;
- Backend can be more than a little clunky;
- Lifetime subscription (one site only) at $149 – one of the most reasonable one-time payment options in the industry;
- Annual rates for this best WordPress drag and drop builder run between $49 and $849
Conclusion and Recommendations for the Best Drag and Drop Website Builder For WordPress:
Not all drag and drop website builder software for WordPress are made equal, but the very best ones are those that allow for maximum ease of use, allowing users to build and deploy their sites in minutes.
In which case, Seedprod takes top marks when it comes to features and functionality in a drag and drop website builder for WordPress, though Divi would run it a close second, especially in terms of ecommerce capabilities.
In any case, however, we recommend that you shop around and consider the merits of different WordPress drag and drop site builders to determine which one would suit your purposes best.
Which of these best drag and drop website builder WordPress software would be best for those in the ecommerce sector?
Divi is the clear winner when it comes to ecommerce. Along with its compatibility with WooCommerce, it also offers users an extensive email and online marketing toolkit with which to promote their products and services.
I don’t have much of a budget for site building and management. Is there a best drag and drop website builder WordPress option I can use for free?
Elementor is the only option we’ve noted that offers a free to use edition. Keep in mind, though, that its functionality as well as its gallery of templates will not be as extensive as that offered for paid subscriptions.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best drag and drop website builder WordPress software list, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what is the best drag and drop website builder WordPress option for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Please share any comments below!