Ease of Use
Features & Flexibility
Support & Resources
Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top picks? The best website builder in UK for most people is Squarespace.
Introduction to the Best Website Builder and Best eCommerce Website Builder UK?
If you’ve been looking around searching for a website builder, you’d know that the market is crowded. Veterans such as WordPress, Weebly, Wix, and Squarespace seek to establish their market share as newer and fresher competitors surge forward. However, since establishing a great-looking and functional website can legitimize your business online, you need to look for the best website builder in UK to achieve that. We’re here to help you narrow down your options so you can start creating the website of your dreams.
To do so, we tested and reviewed more than 20 of the easiest website builder UK before paring the roster to just the top five. Read on to know how we chose our handpicked best eCommerce and Website builders, their features, and pros and cons.
What are Website Builders?
Once upon a time, the task of creating a stunning-looking website demanded a lot. It meant needing to learn to code and spending cash to contract the services of a web developer. Fast forward to this year, you'll only need a computer, a good Internet connection, and signing up for the best free website builder UK.
What does all this suggest? It means anybody, even a regular Joe, can be capable of creating their own website or an online store – thanks to a website builder.
So what is a website builder?
A website builder is software that enables a user to create a “do it yourself” website without having to code. It makes the web development process super-easy and pain-free. Like any other software or online tool, the website builder you choose has a bearing on how it looks, functions, and performs on the search engines. Therefore, in a nutshell – getting the best eCommerce website builder UK is crucial to your success.
Our Handpicked Best Website Builder and Best eCommerce Website Builder UK?
We made a shortlist of the five best website builder in UK, based on specific criteria. Here they are:
Squarespace – The Best Website Builder for Creatives
Shopify (and Shopify Plus) – The All-In-One Best eCommerce Website Builder UK
BigCommerce – The Best eCommerce website builder for UK Medium to Large Stores
Wix – The Best Website Builder in UK for General Use
Weebly – The Best Website Builder in Uk for Beginners
Before we go into more detail for each of these platforms, you are probably wondering how we chose our top picks for best website and eCommerce website builder UK.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder and Best eCommerce Website Builder UK?
To determine the best website builder in UK depending on category and use, we evaluated each eligible platform based on specific points.
- Ease of Use – Can you use the website builder immediately, or do you need to get the hang of it first? How intuitive is its user interface? Is it one of the easiest website builder UK users can pick?
- Features and Flexibility – What features does the best website builder in UK possess? You need to consider the long-term trajectory of your business – whether you want to keep it small or scale up. If the latter is the case, the UK website builder and hosting service you choose should allow you to interface with other apps, payment channels, and widgets to make it more functional.
- SEO and Mobility – The point of getting a website live is to introduce yourself to the world. For that to happen, it has to be visible in the search engines. Therefore the best website builder in UK is one that has superb SEO capabilities and allows for mobile responsivity.
- eCommerce Tools – We also look at what eCommerce tools the best website builder in UK have to let you sell and market your wares.
- Support and Resources – A great website builder pays great attention to customer support and provides adequate resources to help users navigate the platform.
- Pricing – Is your preferred website builder the right match for your pockets? In this criterion, we look not only at the price but value for money.
A Deeper Look at Our Handpicked Best Website Builder in UK and Best eCommerce Website Builder UK.
Based on the criteria presented above, here are our tried and tested picks for the best eCommerce website builder UK in various categories:
Topping our list of the best website builder in UK is Squarespace – an all-in-one platform that's become renowned for producing the most exquisite-looking websites. Since online presence, like physical presence, is based on first impressions – Squarespace absolutely delivers.
Aside from its elegant themes and templates, it also provides robust eCommerce integration, SEO capabilities, and boatloads of freebies like free SSL certification and domain registration. As a result, you can create not only aesthetically impressive websites but one with superb functionality. For this reason, it's become the go-to platform for creatives.
- An impressive array of themes and templates
- Robust eCommerce integration
- SEO and mobile-responsive design
- Free SSL certification and domain registration
- Relatively pricey compared to other DIY website builders
- Not one of the easiest website builder UK novice users can choose
- No free plan
- No phone support
Shopify (and Shopify Plus):
With the rise of online stores, Shopify has become the leading eCommerce solution globally, with over a million Shopify-powered stores worldwide. It's easy to use, super-functional, and capable of integrating with thousands of third-party applications to cost your store's capabilities. In this website builder UK reviews, while Shopify is best for small and medium stores, the platform offers an enterprise solution Shopify Plus that can address the high-volume requirements of large stores.
- Leading choice for small and medium businesses
- Supports more than 70 payment gateways
- Boasts the fastest page speeds
- Not a cheap platform, charges 2% transaction fee;
- You need to pay to use apps
This platform ranks third in our handpicked list of the best eCommerce builders UK. BigCommerce is the leading eCommerce solution if you're going for extreme scalability. Relative to its competitors, it offers the most built-in sales tools, a host of eCommerce solutions, advanced SEO tools, and multi-channel selling capability.
Its capabilities cover a global market, with inventory management, delivery management, shipping, and international taxation. With its 99.99% uptime, blazing-fast page speeds, it's our choice for the best website builder in UK suited to very large stores.
- No commission fees
- Terrific multi-channel integration
- Fantastic SEO support
- Provides maximum functionality for fast-growing businesses
- Expensive: top-tier plans cost $299 a month;
- Implements revenue-based billing, which could be burdensome
- Not easy to set up and use
Wix has come to be regarded as the gold standard in website builders, helped by its intuitive interface and WIX ADI that makes website creation a hassle-free experience. It has also developed Wix eCommerce, an equally outstanding eCommerce solution. In addition, Wix is one of the best free website builder UK platforms that let you build an adequate storefront you can use to establish a presence online. Furthermore, it has the most designer-made templates (800+ as of writing) that you can use to create your website in no time.
- A diverse array of 800+ templates
- AI-powered website builder
- Intuitive interface and super-easy drag-and-drop builder
- One of the best free plans (freemium)
- Switching templates not allowed
- Without a mobile app editor
Among the platforms we've listed here, Weebly is most certainly the easiest website builder UK. While it may not have the same set of features as Wix, another easy-to-use builder, Weebly makes creating a site extremely painless. As also one of the best free website builder UK, Weebly uses a block-based system to edit elements on your site, has a decent number of templates, as well as eCommerce features.
- One of the cheapest platforms in the market
- Allows video backgrounds for a dynamic look
- Also one of the best free plans
- Added functions require extra costs
- A fewer number of themes and templates
Best of all, it's one of the most affordable platforms out there – with subscriptions that go as low as $5 monthly.
Conclusion and Recommendations for the Best Website Builder in UK:
Nowadays, many website builders offer a free plan. This is well and good – of course. Anything free can help a starting entrepreneur begin the journey. Our picks would be;
But there is a caveat to availing of the free plan offered by even the best builders in the UK. While the best free website builder UK is the logical way to test the waters and get a feel of what the builder can create, you get limited functionality.
So if you decide to skimp on your website by availing yourself of the best free website builder UK, you're likely to invest time but end up with a site that you're not happy with. Then, since it's not working the way you expected, you will probably have to either upgrade or switch to a free plan with another provider. The to-ing and fro-ing will cause you a lot of frustration.
Therefore, when it comes to getting even the best free website builder UK, remember that it's a great start-off point, but its results may not live up to expectation. So it's still better to subscribe to a paid plan than settle for a free plan.
Make no mistake: the website builder you choose has serious consequences for your online visibility. Even if you use the easiest website builder UK, it can still impact your time, resources, and profit margins.
Considering all the criteria used for this review, we conclude that Squarespace is the best website builder in UK, due to its ability to merge beauty with functionality and produce the most professional website for your needs.
Coming at a close second, Shopify helps you build an online store that can sell and market your physical and digital products. BigCommerce is our best bet for larger stores, given its extreme scalability. Weebly and Wix, two of the best free website builder UK, come in fourth and fifth, consecutively – and we love them for being the easiest website builder UK users can turn to.
What is the easiest website builder UK users can consider?
Wix and Weebly are our two choices for the easiest website builder UK. Wix has ADI and a drag-and-drop interface, while Weebly uses block-based editing. Both are straightforward to use - but Weebly works the best for beginners.
What are best website builder in UK transaction fees?
Transaction fees represent a cut of your earnings from the operation of online stores - bandwidth, storage, and other resources.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best eCommerce website builder UK guide! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;