⏳ Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top picks? The best web hosting for SEO for most people is Siteground.
Introduction to our Best Web Hosting for SEO Guide.
Many web hosting providers claim they’re the best for search engine optimisation or SEO. But, as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So let’s explore the best web hosting for SEO in this guide, with a brief explanation of their features and pros and cons.
Since you’re here, you probably have a clue on what SEO is and why it is essential. However, if you’re entirely unaware, SEO is a set of techniques to increase your website’s visibility on search engines, mainly Google.
The bottomline is this: it won’t matter how amazing your website looks. If your customers can’t find it, then it’s not going to give you great results. This is why choosing the best hosting for SEO is important.
But then your next challenge would be how to ensure your website ranks well on Google. There are plenty of techniques to boost your SEO, but a significant part of that would be user experience. If your web pages load slow or your website is always down, then your search engine rankings will take a hit.
This is why we’ve tested dozens of providers touted to be the best web hosting for SEO. This best hosting for SEO guide will help you select the right web host provider. We’ve done our research and we’re breaking it down for you.
Are you ready to start?
Our Handpicked Best Website Host for SEO:
While choosing a web hosting service for SEO, it's not only about the hosting features but also about how those features can help in optimizing your website for better search engine performance. Moreover, site speed, security, and uptime are critical factors in SEO, and the hosting service you choose should excel in these areas.
Take a look at a brief rundown of my best website host for SEO. Then, read about our review of each further below and decide which of these best web host for SEO contenders might be a good fit for you.
- Siteground: Best for comprehensive SEO features. (🌟 My Top Pick!)
- A2 Hosting: Best for speed optimisation.
- Bluehost: Best for WordPress integration.
- WP Engine: Best for managed WordPress hosting.
- InMotion Hosting: Best for geographic target optimisation.
- Kinsta: Best for high-performance managed WordPress hosting.
- Cloudways: Best for cloud hosting flexibility.
- FastComet: Best for security-focused hosting.
- Hostinger: Best for affordability without compromise.
- HostGator: Best for reliability and an all-around feature set.
Quick Comparison Table For Best Web Hosting for SEO
My Top Pick!
|Free SSL, CDN integration, daily backups
|Best for comprehensive SEO features, including free SSL certificates, CDN integration, and daily backups, which ensures a secure and high-performance website.
|Turbo Servers, unlimited storage, free SSL
|Best for speed optimisation, with their Turbo Servers ensuring that your website loads quickly, which is crucial for SEO rankings and user experience.
|WordPress integration, free SSL, 24/7 support
|Best for WordPress integration, being officially recommended by WordPress. Its seamless integration options enhance WordPress sites' performance, which is beneficial for SEO.
|Managed WordPress hosting, daily backups, free SSL
|Best for managed WordPress hosting, offering an environment highly optimized for WordPress, coupled with excellent technical support for managing WordPress sites effectively.
|Max Speed Zones, multiple data centers, free SSL
|Best for geographic target optimization with its Max Speed Zones feature and choice of data center locations, allowing for faster content delivery to specific regions.
|Google Cloud Platform, managed WordPress hosting, free SSL
|Best for high-performance managed WordPress hosting, ideal for resource-intensive websites, with Google Cloud Platform backing and 24/7 expert support.
|Choice of cloud infrastructures, scalable, SSD storage
|Best for cloud hosting flexibility, allowing selection from various cloud infrastructures such as DigitalOcean, AWS, and Google Cloud, ensuring scalability and high performance.
|SSD storage, free daily backups, free domain transfer
|Best for security-focused hosting with SSD storage and free daily backups. It also offers free domain transfer, Cloudflare CDN integration, and highly supportive customer service.
|SSD storage, free SSL, LiteSpeed cache
|Best for affordability without compromising on essential SEO features like speed and security.
|Unlimited storage, free SSL, 99.9% uptime
|Best for reliability and an all-around feature set, making it suitable for a wide range of websites. Their user-friendly interface and solid performance make it a good option for newcomers.
Why is Best Web Hosting for SEO Important?
Does hosting affect SEO?
You can think of SEO as the best way to make your website content as relevant to search engines as possible. Nowadays, competition on the Internet is crazy. One might not realise it – but there are a billion websites published today.
So when a user enters a term on the search bar, the ideal SEO-friendly website would appear on the first page. Without SEO, your website is likely going to be buried under a huge pile and become unsearchable to your target customers. This is why choosing the best web hosting for SEO should be among the most important business decisions you ever make.
If you choose the wrong platform, then you can end up harming your SEO. After all, the best web host for SEO can impact:
- How fast your pages load
- Your website’s stability
- If your website’s easy to manage
- To have applications optimised
But we recognise that it’s not easy. Choosing the best web hosting for SEO solutions can be tough. Many providers claim to be the best web host for SEO, so it’s important that you do your independent research and verify it with expert reviews.
Plus, there is no one-size-fits-all best web hosting for SEO. Your website may not be suitable for a web host, no matter how great the reviews are. For one, you may require compatibility with a specific CMS, such as WordPress or Joomla. Or, you may have some budget constraints that don’t align with a specific best web host for SEO.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help you select the best web hosting for SEO service for you.
How to Choose the Best Website Host for SEO?
You may be wondering how I came up with my top 5 list of the best web host for SEO. These are the specific characteristics that I evaluated to judge whether or not a software deserves your consideration.
- Ease of Use – Is the software intuitive? Can you create and manage your best hosting for SEO even without experience or technical background?
- Features – Take a look at the built-in SEO features of the best hosting for SEO contenders that you can use to rank well in the search engines. Also, we reviewed SSL certificates, backups, and security features.
- Performance – Understand how your website pages are going to perform using the best website for SEO. Where are its server locations and data centres? What are the uptime guarantee and page load speeds of this best website host for SEO candidate?
- Customer Support – What kind of help and support resources does this best hosting for SEO finalist offer?
- Pricing – Overall, how affordable is it? Does this best web host for SEO option guarantee a bang for your buck?
In Detail: Our Handpicked Best Web Hosting for SEO
Based on the criteria presented above, here are our tried and tested picks for the best web host for SEO in various categories:
1. Siteground – My Top Pick For Best Web Hosting for SEO
Siteground is a popular web hosting company that started in 2005 and is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria. It’s known for offering the most affordable managed WordPress hosting plans in the market today. Its reliability and performance have earned it several accolades over the years. In 2020, the company claims to host 2 million domains around the world. With its excellent uptime, speeds, and WordPress optimisations, Siteground is a strong contender for the best website host for SEO.
Siteground may seem like a regular web hosting company, yet it has several SEO-friendly features that will make Google love your website. Using it is a walk in the park, too. Indeed, this best web hosting for SEO features a clean interface and an intuitive Site Tools control panel that works much like cPanel.
Also, one thing that makes Siteground a contender for best hosting for SEO is that this control panel presents a Site Statistics tab where you can view page visits, unique visitors, and others to help guide your SEO strategy. Moreover, if you have a WordPress site, the CMS is Siteground’s specialty.
Among the key SEO-related features of this best website host for SEO Siteground are:
- Blazing fast speeds with Siteground plans running on Apache + Nginx servers
- SuperCacher to dramatically boost site performance on selected plans
- Free SSL
- Account isolation via LXC technology
- Excellent malware protection
- Site analytics to monitor your SEO progress
- WordPress Starter Wizard for optimized WordPress websites
- Free SSL
- Free CDN
- Blazing fast speeds
- Consistent uptime
- Automated daily free backups
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Not the cheapest best hosting for SEO provider around
- Limited disk space
Siteground specializes in managed WordPress hosting, but this best website host for SEO option also offers shared web hosting, WooCommerce hosting, cloud hosting, and reseller hosting.
In general, Siteground paid plans aren’t the most affordable in the industry, but there’s great value for money for this best hosting for SEO.
Their web hosting plans come in three packages and will set you back from $5.99 to $12.99 per month.
Meanwhile, Siteground cloud hosting plans range from $100.00 to $400.00 per month.
If you're considering Siteground, do read their service terms page.
Hostinger – Best for affordability without compromise.
We chose Hostinger as the Best Web Hosting for SEO overall because of its reliability and affordability. In addition, it offers one of the cheapest shared hosting plans in the market as we speak. The company began in 2007 as a free web hosting service, 000webhost.com, before expanding into Hostinger in 2011. In 2017, the web host claimed a 29 million user base.
With excellent uptime, plenty of server locations, and a generous allocation of resources, this is the first best web hosting for SEO you should consider.
Here are the key SEO-friendly features to expect from Hostinger as one of the best web host for SEO:
- Generous features on the cheapest plan of this best website host for SEO– unlimited websites, bandwidth, and email.
- Automated backups weekly and free SSL
- Optimisations for WordPress – plugins such as LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress (LSCWP) are preinstalled to boost your WordPress site’s performance
- Wide global reach of its data centres (four continents)
- Proprietary hPanel for ease of management
- Excellent uptime and fast page load speeds
- SEO Toolkit to walk you through rudimentary SEO and monitor your progress
- Free plan
- Faster than average load times
- Free website builder
- Extremely affordable Hostinger paid plans
- Intuitive and beginner-friendly interface
- Free domain name
- Doesn’t feature the conventional cPanel
- Uptime may be inconsistent
The good thing about Hostinger, which deserves a thumbs up as the best hosting for SEO, is that it has a free plan. However, they come with a few limitations. What’s even better is that its paid plans are extremely affordable. For only $0.99 per month, you can host a great site, blog, or online store.
Hostinger offers the following services: shared web hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and Minecraft server hosting.
If you're considering Hostinger, do read their service terms page.
A2Hosting – Best for speed optimisation.
A2Hosting makes it to our list of the best website host for SEO for its exceptional support and excellent performance. Since search engines rate websites based on user experience, you can rest assured that A2Hosting will make your site run smoothly and securely.
Its support ‘Guru Crew’ is among the best in the business by offering one-on-one assistance, 24/7 service via phone, email, and live chat, 365 days a year. In addition, you can choose from a diverse selection of hosting plans to boost your SEO capabilities based on the type of website you have: Shared, WordPress, VPS, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller.
- Five different hosting services
- Optimised installations for CMS platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others
- Turbo servers for maximum page speed and performance: the platform guarantees loading times are 20 times faster than normal
- DDoS protection to thwart disruption attacks
- One-click installer for SEO software such as SEO Panel
- Free SSL certificate
- Diverse types of hosting services for this best hosting for SEO
- Affordable plans
- Packed with SEO-friendly features
- Excellent speeds and uptime
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- There are cheaper best hosting for SEO options
- No website builder
- No longer offering Windows hosting
A2 Hosting offers five types of hosting, each with a different price range:
- Shared – $2.99 to $14.99 per month
- Managed WordPress hosting – starts at $11.99 per month (1 site)
- VPS – $5 per month for unmanaged, starts $33 per month for managed
- Dedicated hosting – starts at $129.99 for unmanaged, $179.99 per month for managed
- Reseller – $18.99 to $52.99
Kinsta – Best for high-performance managed WordPress hosting.
Kinsta is a household name in the managed WordPress hosting space. It hosts WordPress websites exclusively. Since it's a managed WordPress hosting service, you can sit back and relax while this best website host for SEO does all the work needed to be done. With amazing speeds, excellent uptime, and security features, Kinsta can help you perform well in the search engines, making it one of our contenders for the best website hosting for SEO.
This best web hosting for SEO has several neat features, such as:
- Uptime guarantee – Ensuring zero downtime is a must if you want to rank well on Google. That said, Kinsta offers a 99.9% uptime. In our tests, we got 10% uptime with no drop within a 7-day time frame.
- Free SSL via Let’s Encrypt
- 28 Global data centre locations
- Free CDN for enhanced performance
- Hosted on Google Cloud infrastructure
- Excellent uptime
- Crazy fast page load speeds
- Free SSL and CDN
- WordPress optimisations
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Offers managed WordPress hosting only
- Not the most affordable service
Compared to its rivals, Kinsta offers pricier web hosting for WordPress sites, roughly 3 to 30 times more.
Kinsta offers two standard plans (Starter and Pro), four Business plans, and four Enterprise plans.
- Starter: $30 monthly
- Pro: $60 monthly
- Business Plans: Begins at $100 monthly to $400 monthly
- Enterprise Plans: Price ranges from $600 monthly to $1,500 monthly
FastComet – Best for security-focused hosting.
San Francisco, California-based FastComet makes it to our list of the best web host for SEO for its reliability, flexibility, and great speeds. Since it was established in 2013, it has increased its customer base with more than 50,000 active customers. It even has more data centre locations worldwide than some of the earlier web hosts.
We like FastComet as one of the best web hosting for SEO because it’s not designed to cater to small businesses only. Rather, it’s adaptable to startups and freelancers as well. In addition, its blazing fast servers, CDN, and premium infrastructure will make your website perform well SEO-wise.
Here are some salient FastComet features that make it the best website host for SEO:
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed and full transparency regarding downtimes
- Flexible hosting type offerings
- Free SSL
- Free CDN
- 11 Data centre locations around the world
- Reliable and competent support
- Amazing speed and excellent uptime
- More data centre locations
- Free SSL offerings
- Flexibility and adaptability
- More expensive than other hosting providers
- No free plan offered
Fast Comet offers the following hosting plans:
- Cloud shared hosting – 3 plans that start at $2.95 per month
- Cloud VPS hosting – 4 plans, starts at $47.95 per month
- Dedicated server hosting – starts at $111,19 per month
- WordPress hosting – 3 plans that start at $2.95 per month
Conclusion and Recommendation to my Best Web Hosting for SEO Guide.
The Backbone of SEO Success
Having navigated through the various options for web hosting that can bolster your SEO efforts, it is evident that web hosting is the backbone of a website's SEO success. Whether it's faster load times, reliable uptime, or secure environments, your choice of web hosting directly impacts how search engines perceive your site. The Best Web Hosting for SEO doesn’t just mean excellent performance, but also translates into a better user experience for your visitors.
Considering the Trade-offs
Selecting the ideal hosting service involves a delicate balance. While some providers may offer blazing-fast speeds, others may stand out with top-notch security or impeccable customer service. It is essential to consider the unique needs of your website and weigh the trade-offs.
Topping the list of our overall best website hosting for SEO is Siteground!
For websites where performance is the utmost priority, Kinsta and WP Engine are highly recommended. On the other hand, if you are just starting out and are looking for an excellent balance between cost and performance, A2Hosting or Hostinger might be more suitable.
FastComet stands out in thus list for those who are environmentally conscious and want to ensure their web presence has a minimal carbon footprint.
Remember, SEO is a long-term game, and your web hosting should be able to sustain and support your strategies in the long run. Invest in a hosting provider that not only meets your current requirements but can also accommodate your future growth.
Now that you’re armed with the information needed to make an informed decision, it’s time to take the plunge. Choose the web hosting that aligns best with your SEO objectives and build a solid foundation for your online success. Remember, the perfect synergy between web hosting and SEO can propel your site to the heights it deserves.
How does choosing the best web host for SEO matter?
The best web hosting platforms have SEO-friendly features to help you rank well, such as excellent uptime, fast loading speeds, website security, and several server locations. Google takes notice of these features in a website.
Does uptime matter for SEO?
Definitely. Google and other search engines evaluate the kind of user experience a website provides. When pages load slow or are constantly down, Google punishes that website.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best web host for SEO list, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question for what is the best web host for SEO! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Please share any comments below!