Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The best logo design site for most people is Fiverr Design Services.
“A business with no sign is a sign of no business.”
This quote refers to something that has always been a cause for concern among business owners and product developers: branding. More specifically, it refers to the creation of a visual identity device – or what we commonly know as the logo. Indeed, a business without a logo will find itself unable to stand out against competition,
Certainly, some companies either have their own art departments to create a branding device. Moreover, others have the funds to hire an agency to come up with a unique logo. Yet, luckily, the digital age has brought the best online logo design services into our awareness.
Over the years we have serviced hundreds of clients with our best logo design sites and best online logo makers. With this experience, we set out to discover in this review the best logo design site based on how easy these are to use, what range of aesthetic options they offer users and their overall value for money.
What is the Best Logo Design Site?
A logo design service is a sub-speciality of the field of corporate communication. It involves the creation of a visual identity device for a business, product, or service utility.
In the conventional context, the best logo design services seek to create designs that capture the following elements:
- The brand's overall public image or the one it aims to present to its core market(s);
- The brand persona, so that the brand's voice is captured;
- Its unique value proposition or product positioning; and
- The brand or company's overarching philosophy, including its values and product or service standards.
In the case of best online logo design services, the client or site user becomes every person involved in the design process: the brand owner or product creator, the conceptual designer, as well as the artist who transforms the base concept into a viable design study for approval and/or implementation.
Indeed, with the best online logo design services, you are working with a freelance designer or team. The site user is therefore in a position to create a top notch logo design based on their own parameters. This is something that was limited back in the days when logo creation was not aided by best logo design sites and was strictly an agency-driven thing.
Now, what about the best online logo maker?
It pertains to a specific branch of design where software is involved in making an inexpensive logo for your business. The best online logo makers or generator works best for businesses working with a smaller budget. Most of the best online logo makers featured here in our review are AI-powered. Hence, the task of producing a logo is quick, easy, and gets the job done.
Our List of the Best Logo Design Sites/Best Online Logo Maker:
For this year, our choices for the best logo design site and best online logo maker include the following:
Best Logo Design Services;
Best Online Logo Makers;
Each one of the best online logo design services and best online logo maker candidates was selected based on its performance in four specific categories. In addition, we also covered overall user feedback from those who have used its logo design services.
How We Chose the Best Logo Design Site:
Our choices for this year’s best logo design sites and best online logo maker were determined by the following factors:
- Overall ease of use – is the candidate for best online logo design services and best online logo maker user-friendly or is the learning curve too high to hurdle?
- Features and functionality – what features does the best online logo design services or best online logo maker option have to create superior logos?
- Range of aesthetic options – are there many creative options offered by the best online logo design services or best online logo makers?
- Reasonability of price and value for money.
Our Best Logo Design Service Sites in Detail:
Here are our recommended best online logo design services up close:
Fiverr Design Services
First up on our list of the best online logo design services: Fiverr.
Fiverr Design Services is a user-generated platform that acts as a marketplace for talent and professional services. In short, clients buy services known as gigs offered by freelancers. It's become a significant feature of today's gig economy, and you can find a lot of people specialising in graphic design or logo design.
On the whole, fiverr promises cheaper rates, customisability and more efficient service delivery by removing the “middle man.” It banks on the brand of securing best online logo design service for only $5. For a marketplace as diverse, you can really get the best logo design site and services. However, there are certain weaknesses to their business model. Being unregulated, there are also documented complaints of plagiarised work, scamming, and dishonest practices.
- Extensive number of choices of sellers or freelance logo designers to choose from
- Easy to secure a service, just post a request and then you can get offers instantly
- Quick way to hire a freelance logo designer
- Cheaper rates than most logo design sites;
- Excellent customizability, making it one of the best logo design services
- Pro Sellers are vetted by fiverr itself to guarantee high quality work
- Quality of designs can fluctuate
- Various complaints have been documented with plagiarised work
Custom logo design for this best online logo design services, inclusive of collateral creation, may range between $99 to $1,100 per design.
Developed as a community-centric online design enclave, our first best logo online design sites candidate DesignCrowd boasts of what may be the largest creative “team” operating online. There are around 700,000 members strong!
It’s a best logo design site that users may want to consider if they’re planning to make a new logo as well as new promotional or identity-reinforcement materials for their companies or products. Indeed, this logo design site also offers design services for branded apparel, business cards, correspondence materials, and even mascots.
However, it should be noted that DesignCrowd is not just one of the best logo design sites for newbies or inexperienced creatives. While you can put in the parameters to create a working logo, the pricing structure and workflow for DesignCrowd can get more than a little complicated and involve “design challenges” based on what package you’ve signed up for.
Still, it’s a logo design site that enables those who want to create a viable branding or identity device to see who’s actually working on it and they have an extensive range of designs to choose from before settling for a design that works.
- Image/elements archive in the thousands;
- Multiple templates for basic logos, social media, and printed collateral;
- Royalty-free ready logos from this best online logo designer; and
- Downloads in multiple file formats
- Extensive range of design options;
- Quick turnaround time;
- Numerous branding services available
- Prices are not properly set, which could cause confusion for less knowledgeable users;
- Problematic refund policy and money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with the output;
- No free trial
Custom logo design, inclusive of collateral creation, may range between $99 to $1,100 per design.
Widely considered as one of the best logo design site, this design service caters to small businesses and startups through a design contest marketplace business model. 99Designs acts more as a community of designers and entrepreneurs who collaborate for great designs. Freelance graphic designers can compete with others by submitting their work as bids to business owners who order designs. This competitive atmosphere generates a wealth of graphic design options to match the owner's needs.
- Expert consultation from design experts
- Instant access to a pool of professional designers
- Full copyright ownership of design
- Moneyback guarantee
- Access to a wide selection of graphic designers
- Contest approach generates robust competition and excellent bids
- Great quality designs at flexible rates
- More expensive than other best logo design services
Contest design prices can range from $299 to $1299 depending on the subscription plan you are on.
Our Best Online Logo Maker Sites in Detail:
Here are our recommended best online logo creator site choices up close:
Fiverr Logo Maker
First on the list of the best online logo makers is Fiverr. This service is part of the Fiverr group which offers a number of freelance communication services. Among its services include data entry, site customisation, translation, and voice-over recording. In addition, this website offers free logo design services and touts the ability to create a custom logo for one’s brand in as quick as five minutes.
It’s practically effortless to use, making it the best online logo maker out there. Just type in your company or product name and your tagline, and away you go. Users will be asked to specify their design parameters (classic or modern; accessible or premium; etc). Afterwards, you are brought to a selection of logos featuring elements created by Fiverr member artists. If one catches your fancy, you can simply select and pay for it.
Otherwise, you can opt to go into editing mode to put your own unique spin on the design. However, take note that your design choices in terms of templates and elements will be quite limited.
In any case, the Fiverr Logo Maker is among the best online logo maker for micro-and small-scale businesses, companies with little in the way of time, as well as those who would rather not make use of a professional designer to craft their logos.
- Intuitive logo generator;
- Logo customisation interface
- You can create a logo in minutes with this best online logo design services;
- No need to hire an external design agency;
- One of the easiest design interfaces available
- Limited number of design templates in this best online logo maker;
- Finished products – even those you create yourself – lack the polish of a professionally-done logo;
- You can’t save a file so that you can work on it at a later date.
Using the Fiverr logo maker is free. However, to download and own the rights to the logo, they offer 3 branding packages.
Here are their plans, which can range from $30 to $60 or on a per-project basis.
Tailor Brands Logo Maker
Specifically created for smaller businesses, Tailor Brands’ best online logo maker enables users with limited means to create high-quality logos in less than ten minutes.
It's therefore unsurprising that this logo maker is a consistent entry among the best logo design sites over the past several years. The Tailor Brands Logo Maker is AI-driven and is one of the few logo design services online that eschews templates all together, essentially giving its users the ability to create custom logos that truly reflect their brand aesthetic and persona.
- AI-driven / template autonomous logo generator;
- Branded Assets creation facility for creating promotional collateral;
- Asset file storage for this best logo design service;
- Online logo creation support
- Lack of templates so it gives logo creators carte blanche when it comes to their creativity;
- Extensive range of design tools in an easy-to-use builder;
- Multiple file formats for download
- Has current issues regarding user privacy;
- No resizing options so think twice if you’re planning to deploy the logo to your social media accounts;
- *.svg format not available
Please note that users of this best logo maker service are billed annually.
Looka Logo Maker
Next on the list of the best online logo generator we vetted is Looka. Looka was originally known as Logojoy. Its was originally slanted towards the creation of truly unique visual identity devices for clients.
Today, pretty much like WIX, Looka best online logo maker offers an automated, AI-driven logo maker. This enables users to create their logos with just a few clicks or taps. The UI itself is beautifully uncluttered and easy enough to navigate even if you have absolutely no design experience whatsoever. However, don’t expect this to be drag and drop as other best online logo design services have become.
The keen thing about Looka that makes it one of the top logo makers is pricing. It offers a price package for both meagre and more generous budgets. It also offers a monthly Brand Kit subscription that allows users to be as creative as they like.
- On-site AI logo maker with extensive design choices
- Package-dependent download formats
- May be availed of as a one-time package or a monthly subscription service;
- Allows for quick logo creation and development;
- Highly intuitive and well-equipped UI
- Design editor isn’t drag and drop;
- The most basic subscription lacks functionality and variety;
- Most key features need to be paid for
BrandCrowd Logo Maker
Finally, we have BrandCrowd as one of the best logo creation sites within your reach. Specifically, it considers itself “an online creative marketplace” that helps individuals and small businesses create a beautiful logo in just minutes. It also owns and directly manages DesignCrowd.
What sets BrandCrowd apart is that it operates a template-based logo creation platform. It has a gigantic library of templates with more or less 65,000 designs. As a result, you can create and customise templates offered to come up with the best professional logo for your business. Beyond logos, however, the site also provides additional services, including templates for socials, invoices, gift cards, menus, invoices, and more.
- 65,000+ templates designs
- Customisation available and easy to use so even beginners can create a great logo
- Unique customised design not sourced from Noun Project's icon library
- Excellent selection of design templates so that you have more aesthetic choices
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Offers customised logo maker completely free of charge
- You need to provide an email address to start using the site
- Cannot edit the icon in the template
- You can't upload your own graphics or design elements
BrandCrowd's cheapest package starts at $5.00 per month on annual billing.
WIX Logo Maker
Created by the same team behind the highly popular site building platform, WIX offers a free-to-use design platform that not only allows users to set parameters for a unique logo, but they could also get their logo for free.
The highly intuitive best logo maker specifically allows companies and product creators to create, design, and download their logos absolutely free. Take note, however, that your output will be saved as either a PNG or JPEG file in low-to-medium resolution; if you need an image in a higher resolution and want to download the vectors, you will need to pay for them.
- Drag-and-drop design interface;
- AI-driven creation tools in this best logo design service;
- Built-in templates and design elements;
- HEX-coded color palettes for maximum flexibility; and
- Background editing feature
- AI technology makes designing a logo much easier;
- Excellent range of templates and elements;
- You can create a logo in minutes with this best logo design service.
- Customer support leaves a lot to be desired;
- No refund policy for paid plans;
- Resolution of basic [free] logo designs is shoddy at best
Conclusion and Recommendations:
Now, to wrap this list of the best logo design sites and best online logo creation sites;
There is a logo maker for everyone and, in this DIY age, the options accorded by our best logo design sites are quite extensive. However, based on our extensive review, Fiverr Design Services and Fiverr Logo Maker tops the list for ease, quality, and overall value for money.
While some of these best logo design services and logo makers cater to specific market segments, we would recommend that you do your research and shop around for the best logo design site or best logo design services that helps capture your brand’s identity and aesthetic.
Are all of these best logo design services available online?
Yes, they are, though - like its website building counterpart - WIX also offers a downloadable/installable edition for its design module.
Do any of these logo design sites offer access to actual design professionals?
The good thing about these logo design sites is that they actually involve vectors and templates created by actual best logo designers and creative professionals. However, if you’re looking for the services of an actual artist, DesignCrowd’s unique community structure may appeal to you.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best logo design sites guide, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question of what is the best logo design service option for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;
Not only the best tea/coffee maker on the team Sophie is our Chief Editor. Skilled across multiple marketing skill areas Sophie is our all rounder and a great asset to the team. Sophie is a website building trainer and tech writer who takes pride in helping small businesses and startups build their websites and launch their eCommerce platforms. Sophie is also the practical joker of the team and always wears a smile on her face. In her spare time she likes to spend her time with family. She loves going on holidays and spending time with friends.