Ease of Use
Features & Flexibility
Support & Resources
Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top picks? The best Joomla hosting service for most people is Siteground.
Introduction to Best Joomla Hosting:
Welcome to our brief guide on the best Joomla hosting service in the industry!
So you've decided to build or are currently building a Joomla website – what's next?
The challenge you need to face afterwards is getting a hosting service for your newly minted site. If you have absolutely no clue as to which service to consider, look no further: we present the top five best hosting for Joomla contenders!
What are Joomla hosting providers, and are there cheap Joomla hosting options for you? We have these questions covered, so we recommend reading all the way through!
What is Joomla Hosting?
The easiest way to build a website is to use a Content Management System (CMS) which was specifically developed to allow anyone to create a working site without knowing even the barest smidgen of code. All a user needs to do is either sign up for a web-based service or download the software, and they can start working almost as soon as it goes online.
But which CMS provider should a potential website owner consider – WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal – or others?
WordPress is the first one that comes to mind, being the gold standard for nearly three decades. Yet, there are numerous providers currently online: Drupal and Agility CMS for standard site creation and ecommerce-specific ware like Magento and PrestaShop.
And then there’s Joomla (also spelled as Joomla!) which has also developed its own following online. It’s an easy to use open-source CMS software that you can download for free and you’ll soon find yourself creating a working site in mere minutes.
Joomla may offer its own free hosted website solutions. We're not saying that best free hosting Joomla is essentially bad, but most people who choose to work with the platform prefer to get a third-party hosting provider. In the Joomla context, these offer a great deal of flexibility as well as network stability – a crucial thing if you’ve used Joomla to create a site for a business or an online store.
Our Handpicked Best Joomla Hosting List:
In this review, we will be presenting why the following five best hosting for Joomla websites:
Our list includes:
SiteGround – Overall Best Joomla Hosting Provider
Bluehost – Best for reliability
Hostinger – Budget-friendly Joomla hosting
InMotionHosting – Best for uptime and speed
HostGator – Best for uptime and speed
How to Choose the Best Joomla Hosting?
In order to determine which services are provide the best hosting for Joomla sites, our testing team took careful consideration of the following factors:
- Ease of use, particularly when it comes to learning how to use the platform and navigate through it;
- Features and functionality which include the provision of email, ecommerce solutions, and sufficient storage space;
- Technical reliability in terms of server availability, loading speed, and uptime; and
- Value for money.
In Detail: Our Handpicked Best Joomla Hosting
Based on the criteria presented above, here are our tried and tested picks for the best Joomla hosting services in various categories:
Siteground has a reputation for being one of the easiest ones to learn and use. This may pretty much explain why it has become the hosting provider of choice for over two million websites since the platform first began operations in 2004. It also explains why Siteground is our top pick for the best Joomla web hosting provider!
Siteground offers the following features as a best hosting for Joomla option:
- Multiple domain names depending on one’s subscription;
- Creation of unlimited email addresses;
- Unlimited databases; and
- Its own proprietary site monitoring system as security.
- One of the faster loading platforms at 2.67 seconds;
- Unlimited bandwidth;
- Uptime at 99.9%
- Site staging is only available for mid- and premium tier subscription packages;
- Storage space is limited to 10 to 40GB;
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
As one of the best hosting for Joomla service, standard subscription plans will set you back by $5.99 to $12.99 monthly.
If you're considering Siteground, do read their service terms page.
Bluehost has been around in 2003 and has consistently made the global Top 20 list for best hosting providers for more than twenty years. While a great favourite among WordPress users, it is currently the hosting service of choice for over two million websites from across the globe. It's also one of our favourites for the category of best Joomla hosting service!
- One free domain per subscriber;
- Unlimited email addresses for mid- and premium tier subscriptions;
- Numerous security features which include password-protected directories, one-click integration with Cloudflare to work against potential DDoS attacks, and even a multi-layer spam filter against unwanted messages or marketing materials
- Storage begins at 50GB for basic plans, but unlimited for mid-tier and premium subscribers;
- Best free web hosting for Joomla – lets you try before you buy for 30 days;
- Tends to load rather slowly at 3.22 seconds
- Most key features are only available for those on more expensive plans;
- Uptime is slightly lower than the industry standard
The average cost of Bluehost’s standard plans run between $3.95 and $13.95 every month. Take note, however, that key security features are only offered for all plans except for Basic Hosting. Scalable corporate or enterprise plans can cost up to $119.99 per month.
If you're considering Bluehost, do read their service terms page.
Based in Lithuania, Hostinger is now used in almost 180 countries, counting nearly 29 million in its user base. The brand itself has been recognised for its push towards innovation and is now one of the most trusted tech brands and online service providers in Europe.
Here are some of the things you'd expect from this Joomla hosting providers:
- One-click installer that allows users to add the functionality of numerous applications to their websites;
- Zyro, its own proprietary site builder which can be used on its own or to edit / add functionality to sites built with Joomla;
- An ecommerce suite that includes applications for order, inventory, and tax management, along with provisions for monitoring shipping and delivery.
- Offers a two-factor authentication system to protect user sites;
- Weekly automated backups are included across all subscription packages;
- One of the fastest in terms of loading speed at 345 milliseconds
- Stopped offering a trial period – you have to commit to a plan from the get-go;
- Offers only one domain free regardless of your plan and charges an additional fee per secondary domain name;
- Still imposes limits on the number of email addresses with a limit set at 100 where all others offer an unlimited number
Hostinger as a best Joomla hosting service boasts of some of the least expensive subscription plans in the industry with its price range for shared web hosting pegged between $0.99 and $3.99 per month.
If you're considering Hostinger, do read their service terms page.
One of the older site hosting services, InMotion Hosting has been around for more than two decades. It has no specific target market, but offers something for everyone from casual users to those requiring more expansive measures for ecommerce. It's one of our best bets for Joomla hosting providers!
This is a brief look at the features of InMotion – among the best hosting for Joomla services out there!
- cPanel user interface;
- Unlimited bandwidth;
- Free advertising credits;
- Let’sEncrypt SSL certificate
- Bandwidth is generous and can accommodate anywhere between two and 100 websites;
- Offers its own website building service;
- Free website transfers from your previous hosting service
- You have to pay extra for daily backups;
- Administrative interface can be confusing to use;
- Inclusions in one’s hosting plan aren’t made clear
As a strong contender in our top Joomla hosting providers list, the standard price range runs between $4.99 and $15.99.
If you're considering Inmotion, do read their service terms page.
There’s a reason why Hostgator has consistently been ranked among the best Joomla hosting providers in the industry. For those working on smaller sites, the interface is easy to navigate and it also makes on-boarding a no-stress affair thanks to video tutorials as to how to use the platform.
Here are the features to expect from Hostgator as one of the best Joomla hosting services right now.
- Unlimited domain names for mid-tier and premium users;
- Provisions for the creation of unlimited email addresses regardless of what plan you’re on;
- Site-staging for both CMS- and non-CMS-built websites;
- A built-in ecommerce suite that includes storefront management tools, integrated shipping, product management, payment portals, and provisions for international transactions and variants. There are also provisions that allow online stores to interface with PayPal and Stripe to facilitate online payments. The platform also gives users between $100 and $150 in online advertising credits.
- Security features include two-factor authentication and round-the-clock server monitoring.
- Keeping sites online is never a problem as Hostgator has more than 20 data centres scattered across the globe, particularly in Asia, Europe, and Australia;
- Hosted sites load in as fast as 0.20 seconds;
- Both bandwidth and storage are unlimited across all subscription packages
- Doesn’t offer a free trial;
- Knowledge base is updated sporadically;
- Customer service can get sketchy unless you’re on a mid-tier or premium subscription plan
Hostgator’s three shared hosting plans will set you back between $2.75 and $5.25 monthly.
If you're considering Inmotion, do read their service terms page.
Conclusion and Recommendation for Best Joomla Hosting:
And there you have it, our top choices for best Joomla hosting!
While we have delineated the pros, cons, and features of our five best Joomla hosting services for your Joomla website, choosing one for yourself will depend on what you specifically need.
For example, given how ecommerce is such a big thing these days, Joomla site owners who used the platform to create their online stores would do well to opt for a webhost that has provisions for reliably hosting an online store – and this includes various modes of support.
Whichever you choose, just be sure that it is a good fit for the site you’ve created and we also suggest that you consider the scalability of these services if you have plans to grow your site and target market in the future.
Do any of these Joomla hosting providers have a free hosting plan?
Bluehost allows you to try the service out for 30 days. Afterwards, you will need to commit to a standard hosting plan.
Do either of these Joomla hosting providers offer a staging feature?
Yes. Hostgator offers a staging function for both CMS and non-CMS websites. Siteground also offers staging, but the feature is only available for those on mid-tier and premium plans.
Can I use a different site builder with these best hosting for Joomla options?
Yes, all five can be used with platforms other than Joomla. Bluehost, in particular, aside from being a best hosting for Joomla service, is a recognised partner for WordPress.org.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this best hosting for Joomla list, we are thankful. We hope you can now answer the question for what is the best Joomla host option for you! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of eCommerce solutions, web hosting providers, website builders, and more! Feel free to check them out;